Leaking doors?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaking doors?
Sat in the car whilst raining I've noticed I have leaky doors, they both drip from the top, somewhere next to the wingmirrors (noticed as I have race car doors) is this normal? The doors have drains so I guessed this is normal?

If not what is the problem? Window seal all looks fine etc
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Mirror unit seal??
Thanks given by:
Ahh could possibly be that! Didn't think of that! I've got another two sets of mirrors at mine which I'm swapping over this week. Will see if that sorts it
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Do you have stripped doors and no plastic/foam liners? If so the rain will run down the window and should drain through the bottom, but won't if theres no plastic/foam to keep it in.
Thanks given by:
i had water coming in through passenger speaker !!! so I made up a triangular water drain that goes inside door under the mirrors triangular mount...silicone it to door and then draped it down the side of window glass runners ---water will drop in off mirror and automatically run down to inside of door. (this is all behind the foam fitted door membrane )
Thanks given by:
As Tom says.

The inside of the door can not be totally sealed that why there are drains at the bottom.

As long as the water doesn't get in the car and drains out the bottom it's fine.

That's a great idea daddyfixit. I used to have issues with water coming through the door speaker but I used foam speaker protector on the back to stop it from happening, it the same as moisture protector but a lot cheaper.
Thanks given by: