Don't buy off a Mike Collins on Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't buy off a Mike Collins on Facebook
I know its partly my own fault for having too much trust in people, but I've paid for things over the internet many times before and never had a problem.

Paid for a set of used coilovers off Mike Collins (as he goes by on Facebook) we agreed to organise a courier from his address and I paid for this.

Long story short, he's blocked me on Facebook courier went to the address and nothing was there to be collected.

Ive written a letter to my bank to reimburse the money, its called Chargeback and is supported by Visa. (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppin...chargeback)

Luckily I paid by a Visa so there is some hope that I will get my money back providing the Facebook conversations is enough evidence for this. If anyone else has advice on supporting my application this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
I have seen this many times with people buying from face book! the metro side of it is rife for it!
Thanks given by:
Always pay paypal. Always cover fees unless you trust the person. I got caught out a while back about a fuel pump. Thankfully got the police involved as its theft and got my money back without going to court.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Indeed; PayPal ALWAYS.

I always tell the sellers to not gift money, unless I know them personally, for the amount of a fee, it saves and secures so much
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by: mattydturb
Hang on, Mark or Mike?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mike Collins, didn't realise the error in the thread name
Thanks given by:
As the others have said, just use paypal and pay the extra 1 or 2 pounds to cover the fees, and then you're covered.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
We all learn from our mistakes, won't happen again. Fortunately for me it was only £60
Thanks given by:
Currently having this issue with a £90 turbo. Annoying isn't it.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
yeah very annoying, what action are you taking? Ive been to the bank and they can't help as it was a direct payment into his account. Only other thing is either contact DVLA with his registration hoping the car is registered in his name and address and then use his address and to make a money claim online through the gov website, or see if the police can help
Thanks given by:
Thought it was worth clarifying, else Mark Collins might be a tad upset. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hate facebook DeeTurbo 5 3,770 23-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Facebook Wheel storm cully 24 6,454 21-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  Anyone know td_dan on Facebook? rocker8742 1 1,333 18-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Last Post: td_dan