Help please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please
I turned on my 1.8 xs on and didn't hold the key for long enough and the car tried to start but spluttered and cut out, I turned it on straight afterwards and it just revs to the red line!! Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Very odd, accelerator cable hasn't got snagged has it?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Nope, I've tried pulling in from the engine bay and it and that didn't make any difference, but I haven't had the car on for more than a few seconds because I don't want to ruin the engine
Thanks given by:
Is it actually the redline or just high revs? If its like 3k I'd let it run and burn off the excess fuel from the non start. I probably wouldn't risk it if its actually redlining though.

You could pop the spark plugs out and let it evaporate out.

Only other thing it could be is the ICV, if it was fine before just let it run and it should settle.
Thanks given by:
check or your inlet manifold hose's sounds like you may have an air leak if the butterfly is closed

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I'll I've them a try, I'll let you know what it revs to as well

Yeah it does rev all the way to the redline and the butterfly(I'm guessing that's the bit that opens ad closes on the intake) is closed

I know what it is!!!!! The resonator bung has disappeared Sad
Thanks given by:
Ha!
That would do it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Guess milk bottle tops and mastic aren't good enough then lol...
Thanks given by:
Nope haha, but I've done it again as another temporary fix, think I need a proper one!!
Thanks given by:
Massive Air leak LMAO

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: