more bosch problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more bosch problems
ive just fitted my bosch pump first start nothing. realised the solenoid wasn't doing its thing so popped it off it was abit rusted so cleaned it up put it back in and tried again, heard the click so thats fixed but engine still just keeps turning over. 
we cracked an injector and there was a dribble of fuel so its not creating the pressure, the friend that was helping suggested it was possible rust in the pump so the vanes arnt creating the pressure. dunno if that sounds about right to anyone. 
there wasn't any weird noise and no fuel leaking anywhere.
i have got the lucas i can stick on but i reaaaalllly dont wont to. im wondering if i cant pop the injector end of the pump of and clean it up there, would like to do it all in situ if it can be done.
anyone stripped the pump or anyone know what it might be, really desperate to get the car back on the road as its been waay to long and now this is the last hurdle
Thanks given by:
Got the fuel lines on the right way?
Thanks given by:
pretty sure i have as fuels getting everywhere it needs apart from the injectors.
Thanks given by:
I take it you've also fitted Bosch lines & injectors?
Thanks given by:
ooooh yes

admitadly the pump as been sat for a long time with only abit of fuel in

i found this guide on rebuilding the pump http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/ve-inj...17456.html

and heres the video of the start up https://youtu.be/f0cWSFYPKXA
Thanks given by:
You might be my new best friend blinky. Mines just been in today for the bosch swap and I think I've got the same seized up problem with my pump!!
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2015, 05:12 PM)simonson1982 Wrote: You might be my new best friend blinky. Mines just been in today for the bosch swap and I think I've got the same seized up problem with my pump!!

yea been keeping an eye on you thread and oooooh boy i might just have the answer for you Smile
(.....or not in which case best of luck )   
but either way i think i solved my problem by basically just cranking it over for a while then slowly it coughed its way to life wahoooooo
Thanks given by:
Sounds to me like the vanes u need to strip it down and free them up  not that big of a job if you no how to strip it down           

Here's the vanes ur ones are probley full of rust i have see it be for even with diesel in it :-)
Thanks given by:
The pully on my pump was almost completely seized but with some brute force its started turning. Is there any way to check its ok without fitting it? And how heavy should the turn on the pump puley be, should it spin easily or heavy? Cheers
Thanks given by:
yea the guide i was looking at was saying it took him an hour or so to dissemble the whole pump so cant imagine it would be long before reaching the vanes but mine seams to be working now although i didnt run it for long as i didnt have the rad plumbed in.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump conversion problems Farmer-Glen 16 3,521 16-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Farmer-Glen
  Bosch conversion problems mikes 16 2,464 13-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Last Post: mikes
  bosch 11mm hybrid pump problems ash gibbo 8 3,966 18-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Last Post: ash gibbo