Expansion tank!!! Help help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expansion tank!!! Help help!
thermostst failed closed, water pump impellor ( no circulation ) cold patches on rad core, air lock........ blocked exhaust ( very poor performance )_ head gasket........try with thermostste out ans see how it gets on...........use a small tank to catch expanded overflow....will post pic next time in on here.....racing clock today!
Thanks given by:
Hopefully you've not cooked it
Thanks given by:
I hope not too!
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2015, 10:34 AM)pug306driver Wrote: thermostst failed closed, water pump impellor ( no circulation ) cold patches on rad core, air lock........ blocked exhaust ( very poor performance )_ head gasket........try with thermostste out ans see how it gets on...........use a small tank to catch expanded overflow....will post pic next time in on here.....racing clock today!

Mate i have taken thermostat out and now it seems to be worse?
Thanks given by:
I park mine on a hill and it flashes to say it's low on oil, park on a level surface and it's reading max
Thanks given by:
Have you tried flushing it out with a running hose. Fill it back up with water with a dye in it then as the water gets pumped round the engine as you bleed it. You can rule out a fooked water pump.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried any of the other suggestions?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I haven't had chance other than to put new bottle and cap and remove
Thermostat... This weekend I'm gonna spend all day on it and start eliminating all other possibilities
Thanks given by:
Any joy on this?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Expansion tank overflow/rad cap pug306driver 1 909 15-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  expansion tank seams to be leaking tuttyboy84 3 978 30-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Last Post: tuttyboy84