Peugeot 308 GTI 270...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 308 GTI 270...
These will just be leased.

I put a thread up a while ago about them. Awesome looking car, they'll never be popular though purely because they're Peugeot.

Probably end up like the '6, slightly sought after around 15 years later.
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 12:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hot hatches are meant to be 'affordable' though...not sure the Merc really fits there...

Since when was 'affordable' a must have thing? The A45 AMG is an utter rich kids plaything and i would love one!

(18-08-2015, 12:18 PM)welshpug Wrote: £38k up.

anyone looking at these will be on finance anyway.

Not everyone is as skint as most of us. It would surprise you how many people have money too burn still.

If peugeot have made a good effort with the chassis and engine of this car it might be a big hit with critics and then suddenly everyone will want one. but im sure if that was the case they would of got in on the nurburgring lap time hype that dictates whats hot or not in hot hatch culture these days.

Used to be about who was quickest off the lights after leaving college on a friday and those are the days i still live in lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Haven't they stopped manufacturers doing times laps round Nurburg now though??
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2015, 03:17 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Haven't they stopped manufacturers doing times laps round Nurburg now though??

Thats news too me if they have! Wouldn't stop independent test drivers taking one round though and im sure there would be a queue of motoring mags / programmes prepared to foot the bill
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
To be fair that'd probably be more of a fair test anyway.

I hear most of the lap times were manufactured and basically rubbish anyway.
I think the Type R Civic went round stripped bare, with a cage and on slicks.
The NISMO GTR was done in a similar fashion as well.

Whats the point if the car posting those times bares little resemblance to the road going version anyway??
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 10:06 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: To be fair that'd probably be more of a fair test anyway.

I hear most of the lap times were manufactured and basically rubbish anyway.
I think the Type R Civic went round stripped bare, with a cage and on slicks.
The NISMO GTR was done in a similar fashion as well.

Whats the point if the car posting those times bares little resemblance to the road going version anyway??

Precisely what gets my back up but also why i love that megane trophy R so much more! it was a genuine road car plucked from the production line on factory road legal tyres. Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I don't really know why anyone gives a shit about times around the ring - if that's what mattered in a car, we'd all be driving racing cars.

It's for people who cannot cope with a lower number than another car.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 11:03 AM)Ruan Wrote: It's for people who cannot cope with a lower number than another car.

This. Apparently life is supposed to be a competition, you should be better, smarter, faster, richer etc than everyone else...

Don't get it myself, personally I just chose what I like, sod what other people have. lol
Thanks given by:
Never understood people who quote finance like it's a silly thing. Regardless of wage, most people still use finance to buy a new car, be it a £15k Fiesta or a £40k BMW.

Generally only the rich buy using a bank transfer.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Generally the rich lease as it's less hassle for them. Unless they are the sort that like a brand new car every 6 months lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
^ also true. Imagine the lease deal on a new 458.. arg!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Rich people finance a lot btw, my Mum used to work for a high end finance broker dealing with footballers and company bosses and other people that you'd think could just buy outright!

I don't understand it though, you end up paying a lot extra for the car AND giving a cut to the broker as well... Or with things like personal lease (just add fuel etc) you don't even own or get the chance to buy the car at the end... Confused
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 11:03 AM)Ruan Wrote: I don't really know why anyone gives a shit about times around the ring - if that's what mattered in a car, we'd all be driving racing cars.

No. Its for people who like to know what their machine is capable of. Same as knowing bhp or torque figures, its simply another benchmark for performance.

(19-08-2015, 11:19 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(19-08-2015, 11:03 AM)Ruan Wrote: It's for people who cannot cope with a lower number than another car.

This. Apparently life is supposed to be a competition, you should be better, smarter, faster, richer etc than everyone else...

Don't get it myself, personally I just chose what I like, sod what other people have. lol

You don't seem to understand much.. What if everyone else is the same.. except for what they personally like has a direct correlation with how fast it can go round the 'ring? Life would be boring as f*ck if we were all the same or worse.. if we were all like tom lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Life would be horrendous if you were all like me, trust me on that. lol I wouldn't get on with another me guaranteed. Wink

But no you're right, each to their own. And I don't understand much where other humans are concerned, hence studying them and asking what appear to be daft questions on here.... Still none the wiser in most areas! People are odd... Confused lol
Thanks given by:
I'd be waiting for the fiesta RS.

Yes please. You can have my spare kidney.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 12:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Rich people finance a lot btw, my Mum used to work for a high end finance broker dealing with footballers and company bosses and other people that you'd think could just buy outright!  

I don't understand it though, you end up paying a lot extra for the car AND giving a cut to the broker as well...  Or with things like personal lease (just add fuel etc) you don't even own or get the chance to buy the car at the end... Confused

Probably works out better from a Tax perspective.

Maybe they can offset the costs against earnings somehow, being Rich you can bet they've got some shit-hot accountants.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 12:27 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(19-08-2015, 11:03 AM)Ruan Wrote: I don't really know why anyone gives a shit about times around the ring - if that's what mattered in a car, we'd all be driving racing cars.

No. Its for people who like to know what their machine is capable of. Same as knowing bhp or torque figures, its simply another benchmark for performance.

Why is that of interest in a road-going car though!? I don't understand the want for a number which is almost directly inversely proportional to how bad it is to drive on the road. The most enjoyable cars to drive on the road aren't even that quick around the ring...

IMO there's this huge drive to replace driving enjoyment with apparent performance, it usually ends in cars that are insanely capable, but dull car to drive because you can't extract 100% of the performance on the road because you'll lose your license... I can only akin it to being with an incredibly beautiful woman, but only lasting around 3 seconds...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2015, 01:01 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(19-08-2015, 12:27 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

Why is that of interest in a road-going car though!? I don't understand the want for a number which is almost directly inversely proportional to how bad it is to drive on the road. The most enjoyable cars to drive on the road aren't even that quick around the ring...

IMO there's this huge drive to replace driving enjoyment with apparent performance, it usually ends in cars that are insanely capable, but dull car to drive because you can't extract 100% of the performance on the road because you'll lose your license... I can only akin it to being with an incredibly beautiful woman, but only lasting around 3 seconds...

Because for those 3 seconds your ragging the best thing in the world.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I really want one of these in fact.

Connot. Justify. Purchase. Sad
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: