Rad cap issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rad cap issues.
So lets start by saying my headgasket is not dead. It does not have excessive pressure in. If not i know this would be suggested.

So onto the fault. Sort of.
My motor since its been in my car always seem to hold onto the pressure in the cooling system for ages after switch off. Lifted head once as well and held onto that pressure!! I have arps to go on next week so ive been taking it easy to not lift again. Im sure my rad cap is buggered not lifting up.

My question here is. How come so many different rad caps on the xuds!!what pressure is everyone's meant to release at?? Lus is 10 mins after stoping its fine. Mine can hold it for a few hours. Though 4 hours its always gone.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
they should all be 1.4 bar, as for how long the pressure stays, that depends how hot you get it and how quickly it cools.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough. Drove it 150 miles back from kent today and was fine the whole way home. 2 hours later popped the rad cap, pssssst. My cap says 1400 so 1.4 bar makes sense. It was still slightly warm when i checked it.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Mine holds pressure for that long tbh.

Thats working. If it lost its pressure then it isnt working
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If it not over heating and the temp stays normal then it's fine. The water system will keep the presser in to the water has gone cold.
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by: