Full fat Stage 3 setup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full fat Stage 3 setup
http://www.hoseshop.net/heavy-duty-sucti...Ah2T8P8HAQ

something like this.. this is 63mm ID, flexible (to a point) and will easily handle any pull the turbo can do inlet side.. also most are PU or PE, so resistant to nasties of the engine bay and quite heat resistant..

if you google "smooth wall suction hose" loads will come up, agri suppliers will have loads usually in stock too as its a common thing on seed drills, slurry tanks etc on farms.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
AMG ones aren't ideal, but flow more than the originals, £800 a set is crazy!
Thanks given by:
I emailed about the 230hp setup they are offering. I can't afford it Sad haha Tongue
Thanks given by:
AMG injectors are only suitable if you just want more flow and don't give a damn about anything else; say goodbye to economy and smooth running, they're so far out of spec it's laughable. The standard injectors have made over 200bhp, i think the most reliable power seen from them was around the 210 mark (tb205), others have made more but run into issues.

Have a look around at what diesel tuners in other marques are paying for upgrades, that's actually fairly standard money for that sort of upgrade. The problem is more with the PSA scene, everybody expects to get something for nothing, or at least something for far less than the market value. Shame really as it holds the tuning scene back and we've got some good engines.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The 1.9 alfa ones aren't bad, you get 28% more flow on 306 bodies and they are only 50 quid a piece from firad
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 06:19 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: The 1.9 alfa ones aren't bad, you get 28% more flow on 306 bodies and they are only 50 quid a piece from firad
Whats the angle like tho?
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Nice write up Justin, be interesting to see what yours makes. First up when i had mine dyno'd i thought the results were a tad low especially the torque as expected around the 300 lb/ft mark. But i guess how ever much everyone loves bigger power figures etc its getting the right mix with power and reliability. How ever much we all love working on our cars we don't want to be fixing them all the time and not have overly much trust in them
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 06:25 PM)Frosty Wrote: Nice write up Justin, be interesting to see what yours makes. First up when i had mine dyno'd i thought the results were a tad low especially the torque as expected around the 300 lb/ft mark. But i guess how ever much everyone loves bigger power figures etc its getting the right mix with power and reliability. How ever much we all love working on our cars we don't want to be fixing them all the time and not have overly much trust in them
Well this is it. Ive always been hungry for higher torque figures but then swear like a trooper when the mounts, chassis and wishbones were shitting themselves. Overly uprated them now but ypu just know somthing will go :/
Tbh i think the stage 3 is more of an "achievment" thing for me to say i managed to do it. Dont see how its gonna be usable if the stage 2 is pretty wild as it is.
But honestly everyone likes being able to say "f*ck yeah i made that" right? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 06:22 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote:
(22-12-2015, 06:19 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: The 1.9 alfa ones aren't bad, you get 28% more flow on 306 bodies and they are only 50 quid a piece from firad
Whats the angle like tho?

Cone angle is damn near, plane angle is perfect. I don't know about rotation though, will need a bit of adjustment from what i've seen of them mounted in stock applications, could be wrong though. You'll struggle to find better tbqh. HDi-power, have you installed a set of those or had a set apart to look at? Would be interested to know what you make of them.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
They are pretty much as close to perfect as you can get for reasonable money, the whole alfa injectors should fit in fact and provide 38% ish more flow. I haven't fitted them yet but its on my todo list just finishing off my GTB2056vl setup at the moment.
Thanks given by:
Even better news, thanks!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That said there hasn't been much testing or people after trying it out so there may be a surprise or two in wait for me. Hopefully not though
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 06:53 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: They are pretty much as close to perfect as you can get for reasonable money, the whole alfa injectors should fit in fact and provide 38% ish more flow. 

From memory the one I bought for testing was identical on the outside, even the plug was the same.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 05:40 PM)Poodle Wrote: The problem is more with the PSA scene, everybody expects to get something for nothing, or at least something for far less than the market value. Shame really as it holds the tuning scene back and we've got some good engines.
This^

Not just the PSA scene though but many where the initial car cost is very little 
People in the VAG scene seem to spend more on stuff like turbos/injectors etc whereas it seems very few in the HDi community get past the turbo change stage. I was one of them but hey it was my first car, couldnt even insure an intercooler at the time.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 06:53 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: They are pretty much as close to perfect as you can get for reasonable money, the whole alfa injectors should fit in fact and provide 38% ish more flow. I haven't fitted them yet but its on my todo list just finishing off my GTB2056vl setup at the moment.

this so far is what I am reading,   do you have a part number for them?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
DSLA144P1295 Bosch 0 445 110 119
Thanks given by: