urgent gov mod help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urgent gov mod help
So after being egged on to do a gov mod my self I thought id give it a bash manged to do the gov shim got it all back together but I just can't get it running right Im nearly running max fuel and ive lifted the idle as much as possible on thr rear of the pump, I cant move the throttle arm any more because it goes soild from hitting the govoner. Really stuck on this I can't see what ive done wrong, gov is back in the leaver set and idle spring on. Other than that ive not toched owt else.

any help welcome need a car for tomorrow.

Thanks given by:
Are you sure you are moving the throttle screw eight way man. Thats all that it could be surly. Unless you havnt clipped gov in craddle right.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2015, 11:15 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Are you sure you are moving the throttle screw eight way man. Thats all that it could be surly. Unless you havnt clipped gov in craddle right.

I belive gov cradle is in right its pushed all way to bottom and yer defo turbing fuel screw right way. Im no expert om bosh pumps but ive learnt alot along the way with all the 306's ive had. Just this is my first time gov modding,

Ive got it to stop start and go but its far from right!

If I turn throttle arm a spline more it maxs out the gov and goes solid why turning the thottle arm if I add more max fuel it runs away..... gotta be something internal that ive not done right.

Thanks given by:
Take off the lid and take a picture.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2015, 06:16 PM)Ruan Wrote: Take off the lid and take a picture.

Thats actually a fair point. Why has none said this yet.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ok will do that when I next have it in bits

Thanks given by:
Would shimming the wrong spring cause this?
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2015, 10:04 PM)Uberderv Wrote: Would shimming the wrong spring cause this?

Definitely not shimmed the wrong spring

not best pic but this is from when I shimmed it

[Image: 20150811_205711_zpsfo6cucd8.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Jesus how much have you shimmed that?!

No need for it to be that much at all, the slightest shim of a few washers will be enough - that now means if you press hard on the accelerator when the LDA isn't down, you're likely to snap the cradle!

It looks like the governor isn't seated inside the cradle properly due to the main spring being so heavily shimmed, it's now on the piss. But you'll need to take the lid off and take a photo of inside for us to be able to see...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Broadland-20111223-01181.jpg]
[Image: Broadland-20111223-01179.jpg]

That was mine, it can be shimmed pretty much solid (Mine worked great) but I can't think how wonky yours is will do it any favours.
Thanks given by:
Was gonna say ive seen them with no sping in what so ever on a few fourms they use a soild shim in there. Didn't really realise it was on piss tbh. If I ever get round to it ill get top off it but busy with work at min soon as I get chance ill get it off.

Thanks given by: