Which E PAS pump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which E PAS pump?
I'm after electonic power steering pump from saxo/106 but here are two kind of them,
one with resorvoar on pump (i asume ph2); and one with reservoar on top of the pump!

Which one do i want if i'm keeping my steering lines? And do i need its loom?
I don't wanna do any modification, just bolt on and plug in(!).
Thanks given by:
Either, you'll need custom hoses making up whichever you choose. You want all the wiring yes, especially the heavy duty relay.
Thanks given by:
Are you sure?
I think i read somewhere on internet where someone is explaining differences and how to fit it and connect it.
I can't find that guide tho :/
Thanks given by:
Unless you're going to mount it where your original pump is I really can't see how you can use the original hoses?
Thanks given by:
I was thinkig if i use one with reservoar, then i can mont it behind right headlight like this. I'm sure i could bend my hose to fit it there, don't you think?
Thanks given by:
You'll have to try it! I'm not sure how either of the pipes will reach there nicely though.

Why do you want to fit it there and why are you getting rid of the standard belt driven pas pump?
Thanks given by:
i used original hoses when i fitted my electric pas, i mounted pump at bottom of rad passenger side, lower pressure pipe just pushes on pump, and the high pressure pipe screws in, i just tweaked the high pressure pipe abit but all works fine, i have pump with reservoir on pipe rather than fixed.

i had to make my own loom as didnt get it when i found the pump
Thanks given by: vandalzd
On my 306HDi the pipe fitted in fine, no leaks, on the 1.4 th pipe doesn't go all the way home when the union is tight giving it a tiny space where it can leak.

For the cost of a new hose I'd mount it where you fancy and move the hose.

Wiring is really simple, you can get rid of some of it and just use the big white relay, you'll need a main live, 2 earths (can go in the same place) and a switched live either off a switch or off the small terminal on the alternator so it only runs with the engine spinning.
Thanks given by: vandalzd