what turbo is best?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what turbo is best?
Hi all I have a broken turbo on my xud ! is there a better turbo I should be trying to replace it with or should I just be swapping like for like. Cheers all help is appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Wow. Can of worms my friend. Can of worms.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If you simply have it as a daily run about.

Fit a like for like. £30-40 job done.

If you want to start chasing power and have some cash for supporting modifications..... Consider modern Garrett units

(but this has been asked 100s of times before and has been discussed to death)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm not massively interested in power gains or what not was just thinking if I was going to change it if there was another standard 306 turbo that outperforms others?
Thanks given by:
Soz also is there an easy way I can tell what turbo my nackered one is?
Thanks given by:
Have a quick look underneath, there should be a manufactures plate on the coldside iirc, the different turbos also look different from each other, the kkk one having a different wastegate actuator and the t2 having garrett cast into the coldside.

if your still unsure get a few pics from underneath and post them im sure someone will identify it for you
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot. Great help.
Thanks given by:
A big VGT/VNT turbo.
Thanks given by:
Best turbo depends on budget and what you want as said above.

If you aren't planning doing much if any tuning I'd go for the standard GT15 or K03 from the later XUDs

If you want big power and have a big budget I'd be buying a GT2060 that all the VAG boys fap over.

If you only have a small budget I'd be sniping at the 99p turbos on ebay.
Thanks given by: