Best oil to use with a XUD9TE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best oil to use with a XUD9TE
Rainbow 
Hey guys,

I did a quick search and could not for the life of me find some info regarding oil to use in my car.

Just to give you a quick overview, in Cyprus it peaks at 43 deg so if I can get a less viscous oil that can handle hotter temperatures as opposed to something that heats up quick, that would be perfect.

As far as I know a 10W-40 is what we should use, is that correct? Full synthetic or Semi?

I appreciate the advice and look forward to hearing back.

Oh and the car is pretty old (1997) and hasnt had the engine done yet, so something that is like a GTX High Mileage might be better as well.

Thanks guys and hope you all have a blinding Monday Smile
Ex cars: '86 Opel Monza 1.6 GLS Puke & '97 Opel Astra 180ie 16v - oil spill & '07 VW Polo 1.9TDI (stolen) - Awesome car!

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." - Henry David Thoreau
Thanks given by:
I use a 10-40 fully in mine. Just a decent branded name and you will be fine. These engines arent that fussy unlike some of there modern counterparts
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've always used 10w/40 semi. sure ill be mocked but I think I heard if you run your car on fully I can be harmful to go back to semi.... I dunno sounds like bull to me.
I did also see a thread with some of the boys talking about better oils to use
Thanks given by:
I just read about 15W-40 Semi-Synth being the standard. Any harm with that? Or stick with the 10W-40?

Might sound stupid, but is there any difference in the fact its diesel or petrol? Is there different oil for petrol and diesel respectively or can it be used between each other?

Thanks guys!
Ex cars: '86 Opel Monza 1.6 GLS Puke & '97 Opel Astra 180ie 16v - oil spill & '07 VW Polo 1.9TDI (stolen) - Awesome car!

"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." - Henry David Thoreau
Thanks given by:
15w-40 mineral was standard IIRC, was in the owners manual for my Phase 1.
Thanks given by:
I've heard and seen the results of fully synth in these engines, stick to semi unless you like your oil out of every seal on the block
Thanks given by:
(10-08-2015, 05:04 PM)306Dan Wrote: I've heard and seen the results of fully synth in these engines, stick to semi unless you like your oil out of every seal on the block
Maybe that's what I heard as to why not to use full synth

Could the difference be about any additives in it
Thanks given by:
Not sure whether theres additives or anything all i know is you'll never stop them leaking again, i believe a few members on here have said the same
Thanks given by: