Windscreen replacement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreen replacement
Need the windscreen replacing, does anyone know of a decent company in Surrey/Croydon area?

What's the going rate these days?
Found this on a site:

PEUGEOT 306 hatchback  FRONT WINDSCREEN 1993 -  

In clear £120.00
In green tint £115.00
In green with green sun strip £130.00
In green with blue sun strip £130.00
In green with rain sensor £160.00

Trim is generally reusable
VAT  is included

Since I want the rain sensor, looks like I'll have to go green.. Sure the current one isn't green, anyone got a photo?
Thanks given by:
Yeah they do have a green tint with air con, it's heat reflective.
Thanks given by:
Yeah when they say green, its very difficult to see. Its not like wearing green tinted glasses lol. It does make a big difference though to heat in the car. Well worth it i would say.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cool thanks chaps! All sorted, but Thursday afternoon is the only time they could fit me in.

Had a clio172 ages ago and that had a purple reflected windscreen which I really liked Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bit of a thread resurrection but I'm looking at a v plate hdi with a shattered windscreen. Is it possible to get a windscreen out of a breaking car and swap them over or are they bonded (rather than sealed) units and therefore would break trying to take them out?

If that is the case where's the cheapest place for a windscreen replacement plus fitting these days?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
I believe they are bonded, as they form part of the 'structure' in many cars today.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
you cant really swap windscreens. mine cost £120 all in with no insurance cover. just rang round and got prices. also removed and refitted scuttle interior trim myself. and made the guys coffee when they done it for me
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the advice.  I ended up getting some quotes and using National Windscreens.  £165 inc VAT fitted for a windscreen with rainsensor and green tinted glass. 

I wasn't sure about heat reflective as this cost a lot more and they told me it was tinged purple whereas my current windscreen has a slightly green hue.
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windscreen Orta 15 3,274 17-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Last Post: rocker8742
  Windscreen stuck in? KevinTW 9 2,478 24-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Dean
  windscreen replacement yourself? Jimbo 6 2,048 07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Piggy