turbo relocation pipe size

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
turbo relocation pipe size
What size pipe is best for a relocation pipe to put a turbo over the gearbox? 

Also would it be best to open out the hole on the manifold to help the flow? 

Thanks in advance.

Thanks given by:
Some people gonna say 2" to help maintain spool/pressure, others gonna say 2.5".

If it were me, I'd go with whatever you already have plenty of.

If starting from scratch, I'd go 2.5", but that's just me. Most will say it's too large but I'd want to make sure it was future proofed for HX40 spool/pressures. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
2.5" I had. I would say my turbo made up for it.

2" is probably plenty. Remeber the bigger it is, the more air space you need to pressurise to get that turbine spinning
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorry for the thread hijack. Would you say 2" is enough for my GT2056? Was just gonna make a pipe from the stock manifold to the turbo
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 08:42 AM)Piggy Wrote: 2.5" I had. I would say my turbo made up for it.

2" is probably plenty. Remeber the bigger it is, the more air space you need to pressurise to get that turbine spinning

The turbo im using is bigger than what you had on your car (I believe) ill see what ive got lieing around, got complete standard exhaust off the volcane I could use tho so id say that's around 2/ 2.25 inch

Thanks given by:
2" should be fine for most turbos, TD04, GT20 etc.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 08:48 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Sorry for the thread hijack. Would you say 2" is enough for my GT2056? Was just gonna make a pipe from the stock manifold to the turbo

Yeah be fine
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 09:33 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 08:48 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: Sorry for the thread hijack. Would you say 2" is enough for my GT2056? Was just gonna make a pipe from the stock manifold to the turbo

Yeah be fine

Sweet I'll buy some 2" exhaust pipe
Thanks given by:
I matches my pipe to what was coming off the manifold cant remember what size that was. To keep up gas velocity. Then 2.5 inch off the turbo. Seems to work pretty dam well to be fair.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 09:39 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: I matches my pipe to what was coming off the manifold cant remember what size that was. To keep up gas velocity. Then 2.5 inch off the turbo. Seems to work pretty dam well to be fair.

i was going to say the same. Rofl
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 09:39 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: I matches my pipe to what was coming off the manifold cant remember what size that was. To keep up gas velocity. Then 2.5 inch off the turbo. Seems to work pretty dam well to be fair.

As said, match it to what you are working with. What's the point in using much bigger pipe to allow the gases to expand on leaving the manifold to then have to be re-compressed when it gets to the turbo?

Or do like silverzx says and use what you have access to, it'll work anyway.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo relocation 306pc 9 3,096 26-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Dave
  Turbo relocation xud11 and 1.4 hdi bits Sambo the bodger 7 4,665 04-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Exhaust Size again!, Dowpipe to Straight pipe JamesPT 12 4,459 12-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Chairchild