Bosch pump part numbers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump part numbers
Found a pump nearby that looks identical to mine, but the part numbers don't match. Mine is a 460 494 342, his is 460 494 455. Can anyone tell me what the difference is and whether they're interchangeable?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Quick google search brings up this site with info for both of the pumps...

460 494 342

460 494 455

Looking at the vehicles they were fitted to, Id say the '455' pump is possibly a semi ecu controlled one, which came on the 1.9L FMIC'd 110hp XUD's. If that is the case then its not any good to you other than for a few spare parts, govenor cradle, LDA pin etc.
Thanks given by:
But then the pump ending in 342 is from a boxer van Tongue

Poodle Wrote:Found a pump nearby that looks identical to mine, but the part numbers don't match. Mine is a 460 494 342, his is 460 494 455. Can anyone tell me what the difference is and whether they're interchangeable?

the middle of the code is 494 which is the important bit, as long as it doesn't have the extra wiring connections on the bottom of the pump and it has a throttle arm then it should be fine mate Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:But then the pump ending in 342 is from a boxer van Tongue

And also Citroen ZX's! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yeah found that site immediately Dan, didn't exactly tell me much though.

Can't see much from the pictures he's given me, but now i squint at it there's definitely no throttle arm. Sad Thanks for that Mark, saved me a few quid there.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:Yeah found that site immediately Dan, didn't exactly tell me much though.

Can't see much from the pictures he's given me, but now i squint at it there's definitely no throttle arm. Sad Thanks for that Mark, saved me a few quid there.
yeah they did a version with like a servo on top where the throttle arm is IIRC Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
That's it, got a small, black thing on top that could well be a servo.

Gash, back to the drawing board i guess.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle Wrote:That's it, got a small, black thing on top that could well be a servo.

Gash, back to the drawing board i guess.

Yeah that won't work too well on an XUD...........nothing to attach the throttle cable to Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
That's a semi ECU controlled pump..

Does have a throttle arm, but the biggest obstacle is the servo advance system on the bottom, it needs a timing ECU to run.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,467 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,996 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby