Intercooler!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intercooler!!
Hi guys, 

Im just looking into get a FMIC, But is bigger better?? 

Before you say use the search, i have. 

Many Thanks
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
Try looking in the guide section, because there are at least 3 threads dedicated to this subject in there. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 03:58 PM)Poodle Wrote: Try looking in the guide section, because there are at least 3 threads dedicated to this subject in there. Wink

so was that a yes/no/maybe lol
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
I don't no If a bigger intercooler is better BT wen fitting mine I just thought if I'm going to the bother of up upgrading may as well be big enough that people can see it lol and air can flow esyer and quicker :-)
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 04:02 PM)craig306 Wrote:
(24-07-2015, 03:58 PM)Poodle Wrote: Try looking in the guide section, because there are at least 3 threads dedicated to this subject in there. Wink

i think all your questions would be answered if you looked in the GUIDES section.. 

suprisingly there are a few more bits of information that we would require before informing you..  

i charge for giving advice, £30 per 30 minutes,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 06:28 PM)toseland Wrote:
(24-07-2015, 04:02 PM)craig306 Wrote:

i think all your questions would be answered if you looked in the GUIDES section.. 

suprisingly there are a few more bits of information that we would require before informing you..  

i charge for giving BLOWJOBS, £30 per 30 minutes,

Fixed that for you toesland. Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Rofl

Ok, so what are your aims with this car/engine? What do you want from it all, basic terms?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 07:57 PM)Poodle Wrote: Rofl

Ok, so what are your aims with this car/engine? What do you want from it all, basic terms?

whilst i am thinking about it..

i need another turbo Big Grin
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 07:57 PM)Poodle Wrote: Rofl

im think i want about 150-160bhp?? that is my aim
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
So a reliable stage 2 then. I'd go for a bigger turbo, possibly VNT depending on what you use the car for.

Intercooler wise, I'd find something that fits between the chassis legs and is about 25-30cm high. No need to go bigger IMO. Also 2.25" piping TBH, bigger than that and it just makes it harder to install without any gains. 2" would do just fine.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
As above, tbh i'd say that might even be a tad large if you have a better turbo, but you'd certainly be future proofing it for further modding.

Not quite what i meant by the question, i don't think at least... Why do you want 160bhp? For a pub figure, to get in track times with, for towing your caravan? All information relevant to how you decide how to spec the installation.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: