All stock max power?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All stock max power?
Hi guys I've searched for ages Evan tried the search bar but can't seem to come up with what I'm looking for altho I've a rough idea but may aswell ask the question.

I have a dispatch I've just fitted the xud engine in only difference is running fmic and holding at 14.5 psi just fine I've not started tuning yet so I'm running a garret and a bosch pump with have a custom 2.5" turbo back exhaust and going to up the max fuel and wastegate just wish to know max safe psi to go to (19 - 20psi? ) and what kind of power to expect bhp figures roughly. Or if there's a link someone can post would appreciate it need to do something after using a 400bhp mazda on Sundays the van feels a tad sluggish lol ? cheers
Thanks given by:
150 can be had with standard turbo, i was running 26psi on a t2 for about 3 years and never had an issue..

If its a gt15 i wouldn't go above 22 though
Thanks given by:
Define "safe" standard is the only safe option but you can do 30psi on a T2 and 9mm bosch pump and make about 150bhp and that is relatively safe a tuning level.
Thanks given by:
Well its a works van and used daily I've tuned a few of these engines now but never really looked at the power out put in the end just Brought something faster and made that faster again as we all do when we have a bug for it ?
Thanks given by:
If your keeping standard turbo an tmic keep boost around 22-25 psi anything more the turbo will turn into a hairdryer . bhp wise standard pump an turbo 120-135
Thanks given by:
Front mount, Bosch pump, T2 max 150bhp as said, easy 130-140bhp though
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've not seen many make 150hp, even then it was a dubious result.

Mine made 146hp on 11mm and K14 which I'd still call a dubious result - I would never call that "safe" and made that for about 1 pull before the intercooler is heatsoaked to f*ck.

Realistically they're 130hp tops tbh on stock everything, they make 150hp on a good, cold day with a dense charge, but if the engine or intercooler gets warm, you're instantly back to 130hp. Just stick on a decent turbo!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: