Diesel leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel leak
So my hdi has been leaking diesel for about 3 months or so at start it wasnt bad only a we tiny bit when I left it over night it would there would be a patch in the morning but I know the injectors have been leaking so thought it was just that and was pretty skint and couldn't afford injectors so left it and the leak got worse but thought injectors were getting worse but it was getting bad everytime I drove the car leaked small drops every 5 or 6 meters I checked the engine and couldn't see we're the leak was coming from but it was dripping diesel of the sump on to the ground so it's obviously leaking onto it, I've bought new injectors (076) and trying to get money together for 2.2 pump. But I powerhoused the engine bay and drove it after it was dry (ish) and pulled in and checked the engine to see where was covered in diesel and it seemed like the fuel filter housing more than the injectors. Probably a pipe going to the fuel filter but revved car whilst looking at the engine and couldn't see. There's 196k on it. Getting a mechanic to check tomorrow and fit the injectors and new fuel filter but anybody had same issues? Or what's your opinions lol
Thanks given by:
Could be lots of things, leak-off pipes are a prime culprit.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
i would say leak off pipes.
Thanks given by:
Anyone know where to buy new ones or would you have to get them from a breakers? Was told about leak off pipes but forgot all about them and new someone on here could help. Cheers guys
Thanks given by:
Get some fuel safe pipe from your local motor factors and cut your own new ones, they'll probably have a big reel behind the counter, be miles cheaper than buying pre-cut ones. 1m will do the lot with some left to spare.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: Deangatt
Cheers Poodle your never done helping me out lol. All work being done tomorrow will let you know the out come
Thanks given by:
Happy to help where i can mate, helps when the person on the other end is actually taking in the answers, you have a rarer talent there than you might think lol. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Put the new injectors in the car and serviced it definitely a wee bit quieter and the leak has stopped Smile next up 2.2 r70 pump in couple weeks
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2015, 01:30 AM)Deangatt Wrote: Put the new injectors in the car and serviced it definitely a wee bit quieter and the leak has stopped Smile next up 2.2 r70 pump in couple weeks

when you fit this pump to a 2.0 hdi will it need to be told work work with the ECU that you have??

and isn't 196k on a hdi to many miles to map?? or are they ok>?

so if you fitting a 2.2 pump. then your after a stage 2+,  HDI Tuning says you need under 130k on the engine?>
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
I've got stage 2 map on my hdi with 152k miles
Thanks given by:
Meh! I stage 1'd my HDi at 180K and sold it at 274K with no issues.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Seen stage 2s with 180k going fine and loads of 150k+ remapped going 100% if mapped right
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enough of a leak to be a concerning boost leak? MY95 27 3,961 14-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  help needed with diesel leak boarderjaymee 10 1,815 06-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Last Post: af1
  Diesel leak Iceman299 10 1,743 12-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Iceman299