Ace cafe - 20th July

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ace cafe - 20th July
So, looks like I'm going to be working in London for the week, so what better excuse to actually make it to ace for once! Anyone else gonna be there?

1. WiNgNuTz
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1. WiNgNuTz
2. Niall

If I'm back from work in time
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If you boys are there late I'll swing past after work.

******Don't forget there is new average speed cameras on the A40 and A406 and I don't think they are obvious******
Thanks given by:
Oh f*ck that's what they are

I wondered what the hell they were.
I hope I haven't been caught.
Thanks given by:
I haven't been on the A406 in quite a while now but surely they HAVE to have big signs showing its average speed? If theres no signs, chances are they are installed but not working yet
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
They go live very very soon if not already and they don't have to have signs any more (like the nasty ones on your corner of the M25)

Let's put it like this, I've stopped using the A40 to go into work Wink
Thanks given by:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/n...ras_on_a40

September 2015 thank f*ck
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 04:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: They go live very very soon if not already and they don't have to have signs any more (like the nasty ones on your corner of the M25)

The ones on the M25 aren't average speed Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
wont be there boys. Will be in london on thursday and friday.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 04:33 PM)Niall Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 04:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: They go live very very soon if not already and they don't have to have signs any more (like the nasty ones on your corner of the M25)

The ones on the M25 aren't average speed Wink

Are they not? Thought they were, ones mounted on the side of the lanes, not overheads gantry ones.

So that's the m25, a406 and a40 all averaged up. Not much left

Oh and I'll be down ace tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
Yeah there the ones I'm on about Tom

Put it this way, if they are average speed, I'm probably well over due 600 odd tickets lol
Plus I've seen many a person flashed by them which average cameras don't do.
I think they are averaging all major roads in London. A13 is covered in them now
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeh on the m25 the ones at the top only come on when the signs are on... i believe....

and the ones on the side of the gantries are on all the time....

something even newer appears to be a flash cone... so its not a directed flash like normal its abeacon that flashes in one direction. I was distracted at 9am in the morning. No idea what they are playing at! I was doing 70mph and it must have gone off 4 or 5 times in the opposite direction!
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 09:33 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Yeh on the m25 the ones at the top only come on when the signs are on... i believe....

and the ones on the side of the gantries are on all the time....

something even newer appears to be a flash cone... so its not a directed flash like normal its  abeacon that flashes in one direction. I was distracted at 9am in the morning. No idea what they are playing at! I was doing 70mph and it must have gone off 4 or 5 times in the opposite direction!

The ones on the gantrys are on all the time but not all of them work!
The ones at the side of the gantrys all work and can be difficult to see, theres no road markings. None of them work below 70mph regardless of the speed displayed on the signs
The ones on top of the gantry will sometimes flash once. This isn't flashing someone for speeding, its just a self test.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
There's some new hidden cameras on the A12 (Essex side) as well now, they're hidden in the bushes though so you can't see them until it's too late! Not really an issue for me as I tend to use cruise everywhere but I bet they catch a lot!! There's also a shit load of 'traffic survey' cameras and rumble strips around Ipswich atm - what I didn't realise until yesterday is they are ANPR, don't see why they need ANPR if they're only supposed to be testing volume and speed of traffic but I hope they're not set up to catch speeding, I've more than likely sped through a few of them. Confused
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 07:09 AM)Toms306 Wrote: There's some new hidden cameras on the A12 (Essex side) as well now, they're hidden in the bushes though so you can't see them until it's too late!  Not really an issue for me as I tend to use cruise everywhere but I bet they catch a lot!!  There's also a shit load of 'traffic survey' cameras and rumble strips around Ipswich atm - what I didn't realise until yesterday is they are ANPR, don't see why they need ANPR if they're only supposed to be testing volume and speed of traffic but I hope they're not set up to catch speeding, I've more than likely sped through a few of them. Confused

ANPR probably to work out if its trucks, cars or bikes using the road?

Also are the ones on the A12 the teen tiny yellow ones on green gantries right at the side? I havent seen any cameras on the a12 recently apart from the ones ive spoken about which claim to be average speedcheck on the northbound carriageway.
Thanks given by:
Would've thought the rumble strips could work out how many wheels are passing them per vehicle but it's possible I guess!

Yeah they're the ones on the A12, hidden at the edge. Confused
Thanks given by:
Working til 10 :/
Thanks given by:
Wow, so this thread has gone mildly off topic! [emoji38]

Guessing tonight is potentially gonna be a pretty quiet one then!
Thanks given by:
You lot had all gone by the time I got to ace Sad
Thanks given by:
What time did you get there? It was about 10.15pm that me and a few others left.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
About 2300 lol
Thanks given by:
I can beat that, 4 days late lol

Last delivery was nearby so had to have a visit. The lemon cake they sell is just amazing.
Thanks given by:
ill be there... oh wait Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Me and Tom left about half 9 in the end, when you said on facebook that you weren't gonna be there till gone 10, we decided to bail, as obviously I'd been on the road early, then working all day, and was quite knackered by that time.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essex Meet - Wednesday 20th September - The Grange, Boreham (Chelmsford) Silky 3 2,271 26-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Silky
  Snetterton 20th September 306gtiparts 1 2,026 14-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Time for another south west meet, 20th septmeber? Frosty 31 11,963 20-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Connor