Forge Action Day - September 12th 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: Forge Action Day - September 12th 2015
You'll need to bring all your courage, 206 is brutal!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
I'll book on Friday when I get payed
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I'll wait to see the times you guys are on track I think
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Orta was on about this at Pugfest, not sure I can be arsed when it costs 2.33 per minute on track and some chav in a saxo who has previously crashed backwards into the ripspeed aisle at halfords is going to do the same to my car. lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
You pay for what you get, it's a cheap way to get on track, but everyone drives crazy.

I quite like it Big Grin
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
£7 a minute at pugfest
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£15 a minute at Prescott revival!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Although a lot of people at forge can't drive I think irs often because they're too slow on the corners rather than being too fast etc
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2015, 08:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: 1. Niall
2. lolsteve 
3. Nathan1305
4. Tom-zxvolcane
5. Piggy
6.Mrs Piggy?! - Is that ok?!

Any info on track time? Could only find 15min slots on the website which tbh and a bit blunt is RUBBISH! And £35 for 15min is more expensive than Silverstone! Undecided

Sorry dude but id rather the free tickets all go to members here and are one per person. She's more than welcome on the stand in her car (or just to come along if she doesn't want to drive!) but will have to buy a ticket. Just trying to be as fair as possible with the free tickets!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 09:26 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Although a lot of people at forge can't drive I think irs often because they're too slow on the corners rather than being too fast etc

Yeah and there love to pack the sessions aswell which does nt help in experience drivers
Thanks given by:
I'm game, rallye should definatley be back on the road Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 09:46 PM)Niall Wrote:
(18-07-2015, 08:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: 1. Niall
2. lolsteve 
3. Nathan1305
4. Tom-zxvolcane
5. Piggy
6.Mrs Piggy?! - Is that ok?!

Any info on track time? Could only find 15min slots on the website which tbh and a bit blunt is RUBBISH! And £35 for 15min is more expensive than Silverstone! Undecided

Sorry dude but id rather the free tickets all go to members here and are one per person. She's more than welcome on the stand in her car (or just to come along if she doesn't want to drive!) but will have to buy a ticket. Just trying to be as fair as possible with the free tickets!

Ok
She be in the 206.
Can she be put down for no11 as one of the extras to get close to a better stand or whatever it was??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 10:49 PM)Matt Wrote: I'm game, rallye should definatley be back on the road Wink

haha good one! This years or next years action day?
Thanks given by:
Can I come in Datsun or strictly Peugeot drivers only.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 09:26 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Although a lot of people at forge can't drive I think irs often because they're too slow on the corners rather than being too fast etc

Usually plenty of this on display. While i appreciate cars are faster in different areas, if someone has caught up with someone else over the course of a lap, they are faster, it's correct to let them through. No one seems to do this at action days though!

Most commonly shown problem is exhibited by novices in quick 4WD cars such as Subaru Impreza's. They will often anchor on the brakes multiple times through a corner, and completely miss the apex. Obviously you'll have caught them, but then instead of allowing you to pass they just boost away down the straights until the next corner where the cycle repeats.

You also get a lot of RWD boys, typically in E36 328i's making a proper dogs dinner of their entry to what is usually Quarry or the Esses, losing too much speed, then flooring it out to be greeted instantly by a spin. 

Occasionally you'll get some FWD guy enter a coner far too enthusiastically and either get some big understeer and plough into the barrier, or get some major panic lift off and end up in all sorts of trouble (speaking from experience) never seem to really get held up by any FWD car though.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
^nailed it. Had a wet track session on nankang ns2 "ditchfinders" and was on the ass of a subaru until he'd blast it away with me being back on his ass on the corners loosing all the momentum etc

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 06:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: £7 a minute at pugfest

Agreed but nobody is going to understeer straight into you whilst bouncing up and down violently on their 110mm lowering springs at pugfest. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Got my two lap slots 9.15 & 10.15 May buy more on the day ?....depends what weather & the days like ?
As Pebbles has said I'm expecting lots of straight track Heros in fast cars !!!!!
Never been to Forge before ...

Thanks given by:
1. Niall
2. lolsteve
3. Nathan1305
4. Tom-zxvolcane
5. Piggy
6.Mrs Piggy?! - Is that ok?! Ruan
7. Connor
8. Anton
9. Lwilliams
10. SRowell

I think I'm OK to get a ticket? That cool?

(22-07-2015, 12:56 PM)Day666 Wrote: Got my two lap slots 9.15 & 10.15 May buy more on the day ?....depends what weather & the days like ?
As Pebbles has said I'm expecting lots of straight track Heros in fast cars !!!!!

Oh and, err, Shotgun!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 01:03 PM)Ruan Wrote: 1. Niall
2. lolsteve
3. Nathan1305
4. Tom-zxvolcane
5. Piggy
6.Mrs Piggy?! - Is that ok?! Ruan
7. Connor
8. Anton
9. Lwilliams
10. SRowell

I think I'm OK to get a ticket? That cool?

(22-07-2015, 12:56 PM)Day666 Wrote: Got my two lap slots 9.15 & 10.15 May buy more on the day ?....depends what weather & the days like ?

Oh and, err, Shotgun!

Glad to see Your coming Ruan !!!!!
Your welcome for a ride m8 ....
Thanks given by:
Any chance I could shotgun the other session? Wink
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I emailed regarding track time and they said it was too late to offer anything else and they have to do the track this way due to demand.

They could of course be less greedy. ohhh no

Niall....do we pay you the £12 for a ticket then to try and get a prime stand?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's been in this format for nearly 10 years. I agree buying an hours worth of time would be good, but ineffective due to the constant stoppages.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Theres stoppages for the 15min slots.

FCS was pretty damn smooth tbh with 2hr slots
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but you hand in a single 15 minute pass, they dont really care when you turn up. If you book an hour at say 10 - 11, and there are two stoppages then you'll be lucky to get more than one session anyway. Then people will complain and cause a big backlog because Combe don't run open pit. They run the day in slots because it works best for the masses and generates maximum revenue. I attended RSCombe recently, a track day come car show ran by the Ford RS Owners club. I paid £130 for a full day and only had time for 4 - 5 sessions due to stoppages. 

FCS tends to work well because it's a smaller show with mostly low to medium powered FWD cars on track.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 05:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: Theres stoppages for the 15min slots.

FCS was pretty damn smooth tbh with 2hr slots

Yep.I did 1 last year and got 5 laps in and it got red flagged only let half back into the next ses,luckily I was in that half.
Thanks given by:
Sorry guys but going to give this a miss I think. So my ticket is now up for grabs again, for the money it'll take to drive down and do 30 minutes (not really) I could have a full day at a different track or get some decent pads/tyres/headgasket

Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that mate Sad quite sensible though.

What is it you're selling? Just entry?
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Yeah I claimed one of the free ones as normaly I'm all over this but my heart just isn't in combe any more and seeing that I can do blyton park for a full day for £120, is closer, old housemate is going and is different

Thanks given by:
Let me know when you do Smile i may come too. Need another track day elsewhere.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,849 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Snetterton 20th September 306gtiparts 1 2,034 14-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 09/09/17 Eeyore 14 15,686 30-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000