Stage 1/stage 2 whats the difference? general tuning questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 1/stage 2 whats the difference? general tuning questions
I've seen the video's on youtube regarding 'stage 1' tuning where you adjust the fuel pump and turbo to make 18psi boost instead of the standard 12(?)psi 

Whats stage 2? 
how much boost could you run with a proper front mount? 
is it worth getting a de-cat? 
worth getting an induction kit vs standard air box?

my car has the lucas pump not sure on how much that limits things?
Thanks given by:
There is a search for this stuff. Take a look through the projects.

Stage 2 is basically a Bosch, bigger turbo, front mount. Few other upgrades no real set answer. A front mount also does not allow you to run more boost. It just allows better cooling of said boost to condense it into a smaller space therefore making more power. Just have a read through a few project threads man. There are loads and loads out there with different setups. It really depends on personal preference and how much monies you have.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Personally id say a front mount does let you run more boost but thats due to its cooling, depending what boost you want to run depends on the size core needed for the intercooler etc , more boost usualy means more heat so a front mount by logic means you can run more boost, but then theres the efficency of the turbo questions on what makes power and whats just making heat at what boost an flow levels etc , its a mine field.

For me stage 1 is pump and turbo tune
Stage 2 fmic, decat , better exhaust and intake, more boost and fuel
Stage 3 the above and bigger turbos etc

Bit hard to judge stages on a mechanical diesel as every twist of a screw could be tuning
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2015, 06:31 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: There is a search for this stuff. Take a look through the projects.

Stage 2 is basically a Bosch, bigger turbo, front mount. Few other upgrades no real set answer. A front mount also does not allow you to run more boost. It just allows better cooling of said boost to condense it into a smaller space therefore making more power. Just have a read through a few project threads man. There are loads and loads out there with different setups. It really depends on personal preference and how much monies you have.

I did search and found no definitive answer, i did also look at many project threads but again no definitive answer, the ironic thing about your post is you tell me to search and then say 'there is no set answer'

Every intercooler will have a limit at which it stops cooling the air to good degree, so surely running a front mount intercooler which will work more efficiently will allow you to run more boost.
Thanks given by:
as already said

you'll be wanting another turbo, a bosch pump and a fmic to go past 'satge 1' aka around 120bhp

and you can see somewhere between 150-190bhp depending on blower choice and pump mods

fmic on standard turbo is a waste of time imoh, top mount works fine enough. More likely to be pushing the turbo too far in terms of overspeed, egts, backpressure ..etc ...etc long before finding the limits of the standard tmic. basically, too much boost will turn it into a completely inefficient hairdryer no matter how big an intercooler you stick on it.
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 08:28 AM)midge Wrote:
(18-07-2015, 06:31 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: There is a search for this stuff. Take a look through the projects.

I did search and found no definitive answer, i did also look at many project threads but again no definitive answer, the ironic thing about your post is you tell me to search and then say 'there is no set answer'

Every intercooler will have a limit at which it stops cooling the air to good degree, so surely running a front mount intercooler which will work more efficiently will allow you to run more boost.

There is no set answer. This is why you need to search. Look in the xud section at the xud rr bible. This will tell you the setup and how much power they made. Bare in mind take these with a pinch of salt as rr vary a lot. See darrens thread on why.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some questions about tuning carlukepeugeot 3 2,481 05-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Doseph
  Stage 1 XUD, overheating a bit? johnny625 7 3,832 18-07-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  Question about stage 1 Iaitoo 5 3,083 17-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Last Post: daveylennon93