Lowering my 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering my 306
Okay, so today i put some wheel spacers on my car and it would look so so much better if the car was a bit lower, perhaps about an inch between the wheel arch and tyre. i know someone who can help me lower the back, i know the torsion bars are Very frustrating. I just wanted to know how to lower the front really? i want to do it the cheapest way possible because i don't see the point in spending a lot on my 15 year old car (not that i don't love it). I am not sure what to do? get coil overs? get smaller springs??
Thanks given by:
Get lowering springs mate that's your best bet, not sure how much the are now... last I checked where about 50 quid
Thanks given by:
1. New Coilover set -> Most Expensive
2. Lowering spring
3. Modify std shock absorber to be Height adjustable type.
4. A little bit machining the knuckle (Deepen the knuckle portion that attached to shock absorber) -> Not sure How many, But in my Country just around 20-30 GBP
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
He asked for cheapest......
Thanks given by:
Cheapest will be some unbranded springs - they'll ruin the ride and handling but at least it'll look cool. lol

If you're only going ~40mm down you can keep the OE shocks and just change springs, go for a decent make though, rather than the cheapest available!
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along

Springs and paving slab in the boot lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: