Amp power cable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amp power cable
So i know about drilling a hole in the footwell and a grommet near brake servo, but i can't see the latter from the engine bay.

If i removed the speedo cluster, would it be obvious where it is? Rather not start drilling unless i really need to. 

It's a pretty thin cable, about 7mm diameter
Thanks given by:
Is yours an air con model?

If so you'll have the gromet behind the glovebox to the engine bay, just feed it through that.
Thanks given by:
Yup has a/c. I've searched a few forums and they all mention drilling when running cable on passenger side. Even mention drilling next to a/c grommet  Confused
Thanks given by:
You dont need to.

Remove the lower trim from under the glovebox & stick your head up there, you'll see a large grommet with the air con pipes going into it.

From the engine bay side it's to the right (behind the battery, straight to the back on the bulkhead) big rubber grommet with a bent pipe coming out of it.
Thanks given by: Iceman299
I've tried sticking a long screwdriver in there next to the pipe but no joy. Thats exactly the place where i read threads of people drilling a hole, literally an inch from it
Thanks given by:
Try harder! I've done it myself in the past lol.
Thanks given by:
All sorted! Thanks Smile

What is that pipe for, doesnt go anywhere. Damn thing was hanging off once i pushed the screwdriver through lol
Thanks given by:
It's a drain for the aircon IIRC, they nearly always snap inside the cabin.
Thanks given by:
Ah ok. I was being too tentative with the fear of breaking something lol 

I'm hoping there's no risk of any leaks into the cabin..? 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery cable for amp power HDIkyle 0 976 07-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle