help disabling EGR with Air Doser

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help disabling EGR with Air Doser
Hi guys,

Has anyone got a way of disabling the egr and air doser? I have seen the picture on here but it does not explain anything on how to disable both parts. Egr I can unplug rip out and plug the pipes but this air doser I've not got a clue.

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Pull the doser-side vacuum pipe off the solenoid control valve on the drivers inner wing, or unplug it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers mate. Before I saw your reply I found an old post from Cully how he did his and I followed suit. He removed the vac pipe from the plastic t piece (which feeds the egr and doser) and plugged it to stop vac leaks,then unplugged the blue and doser electrical connections.

I also have a metal blanking plate to fit eventually but this will do for now.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm assuming there's no need to do any of that if the egr was mapped out? Apart from fit the blank obv
Thanks given by:
Nope. If it's mapped out should be okay. However the metal plate being fitted is just in case the egr is jammed and leaking anyways. In which case having it mapped out wont stop it leaking into the intake. But a blank will Smile
Thanks given by:
That's fine, mine's mapped and blanked Smile
Thanks given by:
You would need to unplug the electrical connectors to surely? Pro-steves instructions said never to plug it back in once disabled in the map on a friends 306.
Thanks given by:
I don't see why, but then i don't know exactly how he disables it in the map. Not sure why you would want it plugged in once mapped out, just rip it all out - tidies up the engine bay. And loses a few grams haha!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
whats an EGR?

i think if mapped out, it simply changes the response point for the EGR so it stays closed until a certain condition is met, that will never be met.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
When pro steve mapped out the egr valve on my 306 he told me to make sure it wasnt plugged in again as it would constantly be open since it was mapped out. For the sake of unplugging it and blocking it its really not a lot of work and easy done.
Thanks given by:
I am very curious as to how they are mapped out to be honest. I know that when they are active and allowing gasses to recirculate a lot of cars have to advance the Start of injection to compensate for the cooler and slower burning. If however they have been mapped to fully open (hence why you cant plug it back in) then isn't there a chance that the ECU is still advancing the injection which could cause too early of a burn?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  disabling egr jays306 4 1,699 18-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo