Question for all you blackberry owning homos....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for all you blackberry owning homos....
I've got a BB Torch 9800 and it's utter crap. I hate it with every breath I breathe till the day I die. In fact it's almost comparable to the hatred I have for audi's and Ed. but I have no choice so need help Sad

It was new last may and came with OS version 6. I have so many problems with it mainly it locking up and hanging up on people after I turn the car off and it disconnects from the Bluetooth. And anyone who owns a BB will know that a 95 year old man can get it up quicker than the software loads up on these!
Anyway apparently this issue has been resolved in OS 7.0 and I know that the newer engineers who have been given a new BB with 7.0 on it don't have this issue so it's time to update mine clearly! If only it was that simple!

There is a new OS available according to the BB website yet when I click update on the phone, it says software up to date.
Any ideas on how to fix this heap of shit?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hahahahhaha ....Blackberry

Just wait I'm sure it will be out soon. Had to wait a few days after release for my phone to tell me it has jelly bean :-)4.1
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hey bud used to work at phones4u Smile
you cant get os 7.0/7.1 for the 9800 they didnt make the processor quick enough to handle os7, that will only work on the torch 9810 or 9860. but if you having problems with your bb, then i'd recommend doing a backup to your blackberry protect app, wiping your phone, plugging it into your pc/laptop, if there is any updates then it will put the newest stuff on there. once you've got your bb up and running fresh and new, then download your data back from the bb protect app. Afterwards i would recommend a free app called something along the lines of 'ram optimiser'. BB's store there caches on the ram which really slows them down so this app will delete the crap you dont need and should keep it ticking over nicely

sorry about the essay Tongue

Also the bb protect app backs up your; contacts, texts, notes, browser bookmarks.

If your worried about your BBM contacts you can save them to your memory card.

To do so open your bbm, press your bb button, go to options, scoll down to where is says back up, select your memory card and put it in a folder you can easily find. Done! Smile

PS. I dont actually own a Blackberry!! Phone OCD much.
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Thing is 7.0 has been out since last year.
I never did like blackberries but this is just shocking. Would rather have a 3310!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
yeah 7.0 launched august 2011 with their new and 'improved' phones...
what network is your phone on and i take it its contract?

If only i still worked at p4u i would get rid of that turd for you hehe

Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 05:24 PM)kyleo92 Wrote: hey bud used to work at phones4u Smile
you cant get os 7.0/7.1 for the 9800 they didnt make the processor quick enough to handle os7, that will only work on the torch 9810 or 9860. but if you having problems with your bb, then i'd recommend doing a backup to your blackberry protect app, wiping your phone, plugging it into your pc/laptop, if there is any updates then it will put the newest stuff on there. once you've got your bb up and running fresh and new, then download your data back from the bb protect app. Afterwards i would recommend a free app called something along the lines of 'ram optimiser'. BB's store there caches on the ram which really slows them down so this app will delete the crap you dont need and should keep it ticking over nicely

sorry about the essay Tongue

Also the bb protect app backs up your; contacts, texts, notes, browser bookmarks.

If your worried about your BBM contacts you can save them to your memory card.

To do so open your bbm, press your bb button, go to options, scoll down to where is says back up, select your memory card and put it in a folder you can easily find. Done! Smile

PS. I dont actually own a Blackberry!! Phone OCD much.

Great so they sold a relatively new phone and basically said f*ck you to all their customers that over spent £500 on them and left them with shit software.

I haven't got much stuff on there. Just emails and contacts and a few photos. Problem is its really restricted by O2 business services. I can use app world and try and do a. Software update but anything else net based other than actual web pages is blocked.

(16-08-2012, 05:35 PM)kyleo92 Wrote: yeah 7.0 launched august 2011 with their new and 'improved' phones...
what network is your phone on and i take it its contract?

If only i still worked at p4u i would get rid of that turd for you hehe

It's on 02. It's a work phone not mine. Believe me I wouldn't have one out of choice. Would rather chop of my testicles!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Hmm ok, (i have a work bb on o2 aswell so i feel your pain) plan B, download blackberry desktop manager to your pc, and if you plug it in, it should allow for you to do a full backup and update. My work bb says that theres no new updates available and mines on os 5.1, i know i can get os 6.0, the phone is crap at finding its own updates.

Although i slate blackberry, they've got some really good stuff coming out at the start of next year, and i mean really good!! personally gonna be better than an android phone Smile

(16-08-2012, 05:36 PM)Niall Wrote: It's on 02. It's a work phone not mine. Believe me I wouldn't have one out of choice. Would rather chop of my testicles!

I did after using it for a week, to take the pain away from using this sheit!!

Thanks given by:
Tbh there never going to be that good. When they can't even do what they do best that well (business use), there never going to do well!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
As per phone call...

Download the OS via blackberry website.

There's a parts of the Blackberry desktop software that you might need to delete, but may work without deleting. You'll have to google that bit.

Then within the blackberry 'common files' on your computers hard drive, you need to track down 'loader'... I think its an XML file. Double click it and it'll install the OS on your hard drive that you downloaded from RIM.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Cheers kris! Will have a pop tomorrow when I can get the phone password from work.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I remembered!

Delete the Vendor.xml file

Run apploader after downloading your new OS. Not desktop software as vendor.xml will come back.

Also, download 'quickpull' ... It resets your phones and clears memory.

And if you ever use google maps then make sure when you're done that you Exit the program properly as it really messes with your 3G signal.

I often find a signal off and on helps, as does Re-registering your host Routing table within the advance settings.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
We get this all the time at work, no updates available. Even when using bb desktop software. Does my fookin nut in! There's a pretty easy way to get around it. Plug your bb in, wait for desktop manager to pick it up, then pull the battery while its still connected, click on the option to update it, then it should work. Make sure you back the phone up with first though, as you will lose all your data.

Also I'm assuming as its a work phone, it will be running off bes? You will need to go through enterprise activation again if that's the case.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
Mtfu Niall Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 05:33 PM)Niall Wrote: Thing is 7.0 has been out since last year.
I never did like blackberries but this is just shocking. Would rather have a 3310!

ah the 3310. happy days Smile
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
What on earth were you searching to find this?! Only 3 years old.
Thanks given by:
Funny how it starts on the section thing, not good  lmao ....

Question for all you bla....
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 09:42 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: What on earth were you searching to find this?! Only 3 years old.

question is now, does people still use blackberries?
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 07:32 PM)procta Wrote:
(23-07-2015, 09:42 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: What on earth were you searching to find this?! Only 3 years old.

I sure as hell don't. My company sacked them off in favour of Samsungs about 18 months ago now!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 07:34 PM)Niall Wrote:
(23-07-2015, 07:32 PM)procta Wrote:

I sure as hell don't. My company sacked them off in favour of Samsungs about 18 months ago now!

Work used to use one in 2013, and they have now switched to an Ipad,  they are not as popular as they used to be are they?
Thanks given by:
I have one Wink mine is the Blackberry z30 and I really like it with the latest Blackberry 10 OS. BB10 is now all the best bits of Android & Blackberry put together, Android appstore and Blackberrys business tools make it perfect for me. Build quality is just as good as any Apple or Samsung too.
Thanks given by:
Ha blackberrys! Do they even exist?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Losing the enthusiasm for owning fast cars... lewisdmz 42 8,227 13-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Last Post: nominous
  A bmw I would actually consider owning... ozonehostile 8 2,135 29-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  htc one or blackberry z10 Jimmyboycheck 31 9,663 04-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub