immobiliser problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
immobiliser problems
hi
my 306 1.8 16v 1997 wont start the starter turns but there is no spark and the fuel pump doesnt run. i have checked the double relay that powers the fuel pump and the ecu and it works just fine. i do now suspect that the problem is the immobiliser do you have any suggetions, can i disable the immobiliser or is there something else that needs to be done? it would also be helpful to know where the immobiliser box is located.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Immobiliser dosnt cut the fuel pump only the spark and injection pulse's
The immo is built in the ecu and works in conjunction with the secirity module and the key chip

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: roemer
thank you very much for your response if you are sure the fuel pump would still run i sure got another problem i can see that the double relay doesnt get power either. if any of you had the same problem i would really appreciate if you could write how you solved the problem.
Thanks given by:
Ignition swtch powers ecu, ecu powers 1st side double relay which powers fuelpump through impact switch.

1st side of relay only stays energised for 10-15 seconds to prime the fuel unless the ecu sees engine rotation

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Update
The problem was a corroded wire shoe at the generator supplying power to the relay and it starts fine now but thank You Very much for your help
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 02:58 PM)roemer Wrote: Update
The problem was a corroded wire shoe at the generator supplying power to the relay and it starts fine now but thank You Very much for your help

Which relay was this and we're is the wire? Thank you
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Immobiliser thebluepearl 11 2,316 20-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Xantia 1.8 16v key/immobiliser Piggy 7 2,090 26-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Immobiliser happypug 2 946 30-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Last Post: xudlingo