New fuel filter :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fuel filter :)
Measuring pleats can't be a great test surely? Gotta measure flow and filtration amount.
Thanks given by:
Very hard to do unless u have scientific equipment. What I can do though is base the filtration quality on the build quality. I know it's a bad way but I have always guessed that if the build quality is good it's unlikely they have cheaper out on the filtration media.
Thanks given by:
Purflux one has a design that gets a lot more surface area out of each pleat though tbf. There's most likely some promotional material floating about the internet that will tell you more about filtration.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I know this is an XUD filter but just thought I would add to the mix.
I have been having an unstable idle after a warm start and a slight air leak is an obvious possibility...so I thought I would get a purflux filter (I always used to get them from GSF) - easy huh ? LOL

So I ordered a Purflux C422 online but they sent me this ....

[Image: DSC01496_zpsijeowqjz.jpg]

[Image: DSC01497_zpspsrh878a.jpg]

Looks old straight out of the box LOL

[Image: DSC01498_zpsrmgaellm.jpg]

The seal just looks terrible Sad

[Image: DSC01500_zpsoftnukgx.jpg]

[Image: DSC01501_zpsr8vi90og.jpg]

I phoned the company and got the fashionable answer ''Fram are in the same group as Purflux'' (Sogefi) but I said to the 2 guys I spoke to that this Fram filter is the worst quality filter I have ever seen in my life - they have given me a refund Smile but didnt want the Fram  filter back LOL
Fram used to be a quality filter - boy have things changed !
So I have now ordered another 'Purflux' filter online - 

Do GSF still sell Purflux ?
Thanks given by:
Wow that looks really second-hand lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Problem I find with ordering a particular make is that it often gets substituted for a claimed "equivalent" which is infuriating when you've ordered a certain make for a reason.

It's even more annoying when they don't cross-reference properly and you get sent something that's the wrong part for your application.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
TBH the guys I spoke to were very good about it and were surprised that they had no purflux filters at all in stock.
It does seem to be fashionable now to say 'they all belong to the same group of companies' and thereby implying similar quality items !
AFAIK purflux still supply mercs with filters so hope they keep their quality good.
Thanks given by:
Yes GSF still sell Purflux filters, it's where I got mine from recently. That FRAM filter is wrong and will NOT fit into your fuel housing.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2016, 09:23 AM)BiG K Wrote: That FRAM filter is wrong and will NOT fit into your fuel housing.

It's an XUD one, confused me as well lol.

I've just received the service parts for the Focus, chose Bosch as ECP don't do Mahle and I didn't fancy Crossland on a DV6 lol. Both oil and air filter are of equal quality to the OE ones I've had previously so I think your Bosch definitely wasn't a Bosch, Jack.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2016, 10:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 09:23 AM)BiG K Wrote: That FRAM filter is wrong and will NOT fit into your fuel housing.

I've just received the service parts for the Focus, chose Bosch as ECP don't do Mahle and I didn't fancy Crossland on a DV6 lol.  Both oil and air filter are of equal quality to the OE ones I've had previously so I think your Bosch definitely wasn't a Bosch, Jack.

Oh yeah, just read the post again, it's for an XUD so obviously won't fit a HDi lol

I ordered a Bosch fuel filter from ECP for the HDi. Turned up exactly like Jacks...so it looks like it has changed. I wonder if you will see the same when the old stock runs out....hmmm
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2016, 05:46 PM)BiG K Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 10:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 09:23 AM)BiG K Wrote: That FRAM filter is wrong and will NOT fit into your fuel housing.

I've just received the service parts for the Focus, chose Bosch as ECP don't do Mahle and I didn't fancy Crossland on a DV6 lol.  Both oil and air filter are of equal quality to the OE ones I've had previously so I think your Bosch definitely wasn't a Bosch, Jack.

Oh yeah, just read the post again, it's for an XUD so obviously won't fit a HDi lol

I ordered a Bosch fuel filter from ECP for the HDi. Turned up exactly like Jacks...so it looks like it has changed. I wonder if you will see the same when the old stock runs out....hmmm

Maybe the quality is car dependant then as someone suggested above (Poodle maybe?). As I say, nothing at all wrong with my DV6 filters! Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Filter pug306driver 8 2,728 25-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  fuel filter housing changed jason68 6 2,436 08-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  fuel filter body removal pug306driver 9 2,427 07-06-2016, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Paul_13