Limp mode when on motorway 70-75mph

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limp mode when on motorway 70-75mph
Hi people I have a problem with my hdi sofa Wink. After driving on he motorway for a while it goes into limp mode and I'm limited to 60mph. Very irritating! Lol.
I'm getting no eml light and the fault clears when I switch the car off for 10 secs and restart. The only fault code I have got was po903 clutch actuator position high but this is a generic code.
Any help would be great

Thanks people Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2015, 07:30 AM)rob18124 Wrote: Hi people I have a problem with my hdi sofa Wink. After driving on he motorway for a while it goes into limp mode and I'm limited to 60mph. Very irritating! Lol.
I'm getting no eml light and the fault clears when I switch the car off for 10 secs and restart. The only fault code I have got was po903 clutch actuator position high but this is a generic code.
Any help would be great

Thanks people Smile
This may make no difference and defo won't cure the problem but go unplug your MAF (air flow meter) grey plug on black box on air intake, take it a run and let me know if the limp is gone!!!
Thanks given by:
Limp goes off as soon as I turn car off and it won't happen again until I'm on the motorway
Thanks given by:
Unplug it and go out on the motorway and see if it happens again!
Thanks given by:
Yet to see the maf cause an issue like this, what code reader did you use?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just a thought poodle! I have running issues with my 110 Hdi 307 and the problem disappears when you unplug the maf so just trying to rule out a possible for the dude!
Thanks given by:
Yeah it can cause all sorts of problems on newer stuff, not so bad on these old things. I'm not saying it's not the maf by any means, just that i'd be surprised if it was. For what it costs to check you may as well give it a go!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sorry for the late reply guys il give it a try and see how it goes I've tried using 2 different readers my little mac tool one and my old works new one both reading po903 clutch actuator position high
Thanks given by:
Well these don't have a clutch actuator lol. Tried googling the code?

I would assume this is a fuel restriction issue, but then i'd expect that to generate some codes... Know anybody nearby with pp2000?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/
http://www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/psa%20e...codes.html

Both of these don't have a P0903, are you sure that's the right number?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Positive it's the right number it is a generic obd2 code because the reader doesn't know what the code is. I have however fixed the fault now it was the MAF so I can defo say I big thanks to you guys on here for suggesting unplug the MAF and see how it is and it's good Smile. New MAF fitted she now flies Smile thanks for the help people Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheap code readers will bring up nonsensical codes that can leave you chasing your tail. Best bet in future is to get it on a proper diagnostics reader, saves this kind of confusion. Glad you're happy and the maf has got it sorted though.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sounds more like a fuel related issue, does it happen when you boot it up a hill in 5th? Mine was doing that, turned out my DIY lift pump fix was letting in air.
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 05:58 AM)Poodle Wrote: Cheap code readers will bring up nonsensical codes that can leave you chasing your tail. Best bet in future is to get it on a proper diagnostics reader, saves this kind of confusion. Glad you're happy and the maf has got it sorted though.
It was a decent code reader but it's pretty old now so that's probably the issue with the fault code but she's running fine now so I'm pleased lol Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Limp Mode - New owner klone 5 2,822 03-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  206 Hdi Limp mode and black smoke problems Paul Baldwin 6 2,644 01-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Limp mode; O2 sensor? ginge191 14 3,632 25-07-2014, 12:58 AM
Last Post: ginge191