Runnning with maf unplugged = less mpg?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Runnning with maf unplugged = less mpg?
Is the above true?
Thanks given by:
depends if said MAF was fooked causing excessive fuel delivery or not, compared to a good maf, certainly.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
MAF was only fooked in that if you went to put your foot down there was a large pause before acceleration in 2nd and 3rd and when engine warm it wouldnt accelerate in 4th from 40 at all
Thanks given by:
Probably fooked then, so i imagine it won't change your mpg much.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks Poodle! Just wanted to make sure before I do the 600 mile round trip to Pugfest on Sunday with it unplugged, then hill runs too Smile 
Thanks given by:
Won't have a massive effect, but I would never expect it to be as good as a fully functioning MAF.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'm running my 307 sw 110 hdi like this due to anti poll/ dpf issue and according to the computer I'm still averaging 40.9 and I've been doing Dominos in it for 2 months unplugged! Sluggish acceleration slowly creeping back after 2-3000 miles so probably doingore damage in long run but ain't got cash to fix it now so has to wait!
I wouldn't worry about the trip but she may feel a wee bit tired after the hill climbs so just make sure you got proper recovery before you go!
Thanks given by:
On 110hdi tou can change maf to map based smoke maps on ecu. And then you don't need maf sensor and car response is better on map
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 12:03 AM)dashmader Wrote: On 110hdi tou can change maf to map based smoke maps on ecu. And then you don't need maf sensor and car response is better on map

Seriously??? Are you in the Azores with a 306 buggy??? Wooooow you lucky mutha! ....a 
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 12:03 AM)dashmader Wrote: On 110hdi tou can change maf to map based smoke maps on ecu. And then you don't need maf sensor and car response is better on map
306 buggy? Did no understand sorry
Thanks given by:
306 3 door they handle excellent and can fling them round corners like a buggy! :-)))))
Thanks given by:
Yes, you will always get worse MPG with the MAF unplugged, it makes small timing corrections based on inlet temperature and intake air mass.

The 110 can run without a MAF as there is a MAP sensor so it can calculate the reading, but will actually be less responsive when compared to a fully working MAF, unless the mapping is tweaked to make it more responsive..
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info Steve
How much worse are we talking about on the HDI90?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maf unplugged nath86 16 3,233 19-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Last Post: pro_steve
  Found this unplugged? MIKE-FORD 5 2,021 01-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Jole