RANT TIME!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANT TIME!
(08-07-2015, 10:49 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I don't agree with the underground strike, but i'm sure if anyone of you were in the position where you could earn more money by striking, you'd do it. 

This is very true but that doesn't make it right.
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2015, 10:49 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: I don't agree with the underground strike, but i'm sure if anyone of you were in the position where you could earn more money by striking, you'd do it. 

Speak for yourself, i've got this thing called a moral compass.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'll tell you what the problem is.... Greed and unions! What they say to workers is,
"Pssst, guess what? If you strike I bet you could get a pay rise...AND really piss the country off... but not only that, you could scare them into thinking,'What if they do it again?!' "

It's the whispers of greedy bastard union reps in the ears of workers, that hold the commuters of London over a barrel!

Unions where supposed to be there to help you out when things were unfair and whatever. How is working on a train for 37h/w at 40k a year UNFAIR? Thats a f*cking AWESOME wage, regardless of the fact it is mentally draining!

IDGAF! My job is harder than that and it's mentally AND physically draining, am i earning that amount? Hell No! I dream that I could earn that. Im struggling to pay my bloody rent! My hands bleed at the end of the day, my head is a shed and i earn minimum wage Sad I have student loans to pay, bills, rent and i have a child on the way. I don't earn benefits (but I'm looking into that)

If i was on 40k a year, I wouldn't know what to worry about... As there wouldn't be anything TO worry about!

I wish I had a job where I could just sit there, in a chair, operating a train hours on end for whatever wage they are on. Sad
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(08-07-2015, 06:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: I moaned like hell with sony...

they said I should be grateful the phone isnt destroyed and they are returning it free.
Remember they record all calls. The way I got Vodafone was when they said they couldn't give me the deal I'd been sold because they couldn't find the call recording. I just asked if that was the case, how could they prove I'd renewed my contract? Checkmate.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Can we stop calling it £40k a year. Its £50k a year starting and quickly goes up over £60k a year
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 05:16 AM)UPoodle Wrote:

Speak for yourself, i've got this thing called a moral compass.

This and that attitude is exactly why we are where we are today. Because RMT have encouraged people to be selfish and not give a toss about others out there. 

I mean, on top of the greed of wanting more and more money, do these people not have any sort of shame that the majority of London is probably looking at them thinking you bunch of pricks?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Told Plusnet they have 72hrs to fix it. Had a call. Engineer is coming tomorrow morning! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The other thing some folk need to realise is that the wage is relative. Rent for example is twice as much in London than where I live etc

To me, it just sounds like people are butthurt that they're not earning that much in their own career/job. If it's that easy to earn £50k+, go and do it..?
Thanks given by:
Sod the tube, just walk/cycle/drive instead...they'll find striking doesn't work if they lose customers from it! I can't stand bullying and that's what a strike is, regardless of what it's over.

Back on topic with company fails - it seems that no-one knows what they're supposed to do in the job they're paid to do and the majority of systems are flawed! It really does amaze me how often the systems can't cope with what I thought were reasonable requests, and how you still have to use the archaic 100 year old telephone to do things that could be done quicker, easier and cheaper via the internet! It's 2015 ffs! Now I know I'm unlucky in how many things seem to go wrong but in the last month I've had issues with - Paypal, co-op bank, Eon, water company, council tax, Sky Talk, estate agent, screwfix, eBay, Nectar, Hotpoint and probably more... Confused lol
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 07:43 AM)Iceman299 Wrote: The other thing some folk need to realise is that the wage is relative. Rent for example is twice as much in London than where I live etc

To me, it just sounds like people are butthurt that they're not earning that much in their own career/job. If it's that easy to earn £50k+, go and do it..?

True, rent is higher but not so much that you can demand 50k for such a job.  A friend of mine is a civil engineer in London and hes on 27k and gets by on that (does get 3k travel expenses) 
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
By that logic I should be on 40k as I drive around London all day andlive here too.

Except I'm not because that's not how stuff works.
Thanks given by:
See if you listen to the RMT, the reason they demand these wages is a safety thing. They are in charge of people's safety and that warrants a premium. Well in that case, the emergency services should be on much more than them.
Christ, I probably have more of a burden on my job role of life safety than they do so maybe I should go on strike for 50k a year!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 09:46 AM)Niall Wrote: See if you listen to the RMT, the reason they demand these wages is a safety thing. They are in charge of people's safety and that warrants a premium. Well in that case, the emergency services should be on much more than them.
Christ, I probably have more of a burden on my job role of life safety than they do so maybe I should go on strike for 50k a year!!

yeah because traveling on the tube is like a dangerous sport, could easily die going that fast on rails with nothing coming the other way, nothing to fall on you, nothing to T bone you, no way to fall down... surround by a steel cage.

real safety issue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 07:02 AM)Piggy Wrote: Told Plusnet they have 72hrs to fix it. Had a call. Engineer is coming tomorrow morning! lol

Yes piggy!!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
John Lewis annoyed me last week. Ordered a projector with 7 days free delivery. Kept getting delayed and eventually took nearly 3weeks to deliver. 
Rang up to complain and was given £40 straight away for the inconvenience. Can't complain about that 
Thanks given by:
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/socie...1011303299 lol ( fake btw)
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 10:52 AM)lolsteve Wrote: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/socie...1011303299 lol ( fake btw)

lol
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 10:11 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 09:46 AM)Niall Wrote: See if you listen to the RMT, the reason they demand these wages is a safety thing. They are in charge of people's safety and that warrants a premium. Well in that case, the emergency services should be on much more than them.

yeah because traveling on the tube is like a dangerous sport, could easily die going that fast on rails with nothing coming the other way, nothing to fall on you, nothing to T bone you, no way to fall down... surround by a steel cage.

real safety issue

Surely the safety issue is more the fact you have to carry around the public - which includes various c*nts such as those involved in 7/7 10 years ago... Confused
Thanks given by:
The finer points of exactly how safe or demanding their jobs are are completely irrelevant. They are striking because they are able to hold an awful lot of people to ransom by doing so. They have this power and are abusing it.

Until something is done to nullify their ability to severely affect one of the largest economic centres in Europe then they will continue to have this power and will abuse it again at some point in the future, regardless of how justified that may or may not be.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I get 15k a year to do a job twice as hard and with a lot more risk / responsibility than driving a sodding train!

One thing i hate about modern society is that everyone thinks they are automatically entitled to be rich overnight for no reason.

My ethos is work hard, get what your given and be happy with what you've got.

Its their career choice to be a train driver, no-one pointed a gun at them. If they don't like the pay then maybe they should f*ck off and go find another job that pays the money they seem to think they are owed for doing f*ck all?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
More lives at danger = more money?

Shit I should be on 100k plus building aircraft engines Tongue

Strike!!!!
Thanks given by:
If driving a train is so easy we'd all be doing it.

The strike action is bollocks, but they deserve the pay they get.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Sooner LU implement driverless operation on the whole tube network the better. After all, DLR manages to function perfectly fine...

To be honest the strikers making a rod for their own back anyway given that the Conservatives want to change the rules regarding strike action, as the more you hold the country to ransom for selfish greedy reasons, the less opposition there will be in parliament to those changes.

As Poodle said above, some of us aren't selfish w**kers with no moral compass and I certainly wouldn't hold the country to ransom when there was already a generous pay deal on the table.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 12:26 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: If driving a train is so easy we'd all be doing it.

The strike action is bollocks, but they deserve the pay they get.

Not trying to be a lady garden by saying it, but its hardly open heart surgery and you probably need more common sense than degrees to drive a train.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 01:17 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 12:26 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: If driving a train is so easy we'd all be doing it.

Not trying to be a lady garden by saying it, but its hardly open heart surgery and you probably need more common sense than degrees to drive a train.

I can't think of anything more boring than being a train driver...well I can...but it's up there I think... that is why I am not one! 

I bet all of us on here could drive a train with some basic training. Most of it is automated now anyhow. It's not about loading it with coal and balancing the boiler pressure!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 01:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: I bet all of us on here could drive a train with some basic training. Most of it is automated now anyhow. It's not about loading it with coal and balancing the boiler pressure!

You don't have a clue do you? It's not physically challenging but mentally it certainly is.

Working alone for hours upon hours confined to one area.
Having to stay away from home in areas you don't know. Away from family.
Having 100's of lives in your hands, you make a mistake and you're responsible.
Having to be unsupervised but carry out critical procedures, you've got to be massively self disciplined. 

What about the train drivers that have hit people on the line, how do you think it affects them for the rest of their lives? Shutting their eyes at night and seeing that person looking at the train, the driver being able to do nothing to prevent what happens next in time to save them. The permanent damage that does to the driver.

Sorry but you touched a nerve there, I'm no train driver and don't have any family or anything that are - but people that obviously don't know about occupations yet feel they can criticise isn't something that washes well with me.
Thanks given by:
Edit: Well said JJ. It's not fair to criticise roles which people simply don't know.

Train driving often consists of staying concentrated for 8hours whilst doing 125mph, knowing that it takes you a mile to stop. Seeing a red light is too late, you'll pass it and likely crash. Disciplinary action follows of course, should you survive. It necessary to know each route like the back of your hand, and you are expected to know many. (Considering most motorists cant even make their way to the midlands without sat nav hammers this point) Knowing where each signal is, each turn, each crossing and more importantly, each braking point is key to safe driving. It's also necessary to to memorise each speed limit over each section of track, as excessive speed will cause a derailment and potentially kill people. I don't think it's an easy job.

I don't believe anyone can say any job is easy until they have done it, to so is stupid. As stupid as saying a senior business analyst shouldn't get paid much as it's just using a computer. 

For the record I still think the strike is crap and that the RMT are ridiculous. 
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by: 1616six
(09-07-2015, 01:36 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 01:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: I bet all of us on here could drive a train with some basic training. Most of it is automated now anyhow. It's not about loading it with coal and balancing the boiler pressure!

You don't have a clue do you? It's not physically challenging but mentally it certainly is.

Working alone for hours upon hours confined to one area.
Having to stay away from home in areas you don't know. Away from family.
Having 100's of lives in your hands, you make a mistake and you're responsible.
Having to be unsupervised but carry out critical procedures, you've got to be massively self disciplined. 

What about the train drivers that have hit people on the line, how do you think it affects them for the rest of their lives? Shutting their eyes at night and seeing that person looking at the train, the driver being able to do nothing to prevent what happens next in time to save them. The permanent damage that does to the driver.

Sorry but you touched a nerve there, I'm no train driver and don't have any family or anything that are - but people that obviously don't know about occupations yet feel they can criticise isn't something that washes well with me.

I can see where your coming from but i kinda cover my ass by saying 'Its their choice to be a train driver'

Striking is definitely the way to solve everything! look at the wonders it did for the coal industry that was considered 'vital' and we 'could never live without it'

I hate london anyways and you wouldnt catch me on a stupid smelly overcrowded underground train in a million years. I'd rather a f*cking boris bike.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Once that line of thought, as no one makes one work in a minimum wage labour job, someone working in such a role should STFU and stop complaining about receiving low pay?

We all earn what we earn.

It's an interesting debate this though.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 01:52 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: On that line of thought, as no one makes one work in minimum wage labour jobs, someone working in such a role should STFU and stop complaining about receiving low pay?

We all earn what we earn.

Can you put this in laymans terms for me to understand please?
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hammer time ... no wait MOT time, err same thing! Megamonkey 13 13,485 19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Megamonkey