306 TUD5 Turbo Project. - Yes, TUD5 in a 306!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 TUD5 Turbo Project. - Yes, TUD5 in a 306!!!
(26-07-2015, 08:33 AM)Sambarker Wrote: 1.6 hdi after the tud blows up

This.

Also just reenforcing the point that it will be when and not if the TUD blows up! Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2015, 07:58 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: The tu boxs are like cheese. Saying that ive blown up a be box and never a tu
Yeah likewise, never had a problem with a TU box but have stripped 5th out of a few BE's

(26-07-2015, 08:07 AM)welshpug Wrote: not very, there's a good reason why they used a tu-be4 in the xsara picasso and later 307's and the vans.
That's what I'm after for this, BE3R / BE4R HDi box partly for the improved ratios but mainly for the strength.
Thanks given by:
That's the first TUD5 i've ever seen not running a Bosch...

Mint idea for a project too
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2015, 01:26 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: That's the first TUD5 i've ever seen not running a Bosch...

99% of them have lucas, its only the late ones with an ecu of sorts and egr etc that are bosch
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Just been online and ordered 400mm of 16mm silicone for the power steering resovior and 300mm of 19mm silicone to do the water pipe at the back of the block so I can get the starter motor back on and do the lower rad hose. Both hoses came in at under £9 delivered, happy days.

(26-07-2015, 01:44 PM)welshpug Wrote:
(26-07-2015, 01:26 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: That's the first TUD5 i've ever seen not running a Bosch...

99% of them have lucas, its only the late ones with an ecu of sorts and egr etc that are bosch

Mine is a later car with EGR but not late enough. Thought some of the incredibly early ones had Bosch too. I've got a 9mm 306 Bosch pump waiting.
Thanks given by:
the 1500 106 i had had a bosch pump on it i used to run veg and all sorts of thinners through it Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
So got some more done today and she's nearer being roadworthy.

Biggest job was getting the water pipe at the back of the block fitted with all it's heat shields and stuff as it was just impossible to see any of the bolt holes from either above or below.

Got loads of bits of piping and wiring done, Rad and FMIC on, new bolts glued into the bumper, starter fitted (ballache as I sheared the bolt for the main terminal so ended up welding the wire on) and some oil and water in it.

Still needs some of the bolts underneath tightening up and wheels put back on it then heater matrix hoses adapted and knocking up an exhaust. Not too much really.

Thanks given by:
Nice bonnet by the way Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
"ballache as I sheared the bolt for the main terminal so ended up welding the wire on"

And it begins lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2015, 09:46 PM)lolsteve Wrote: "ballache as I sheared the bolt for the main terminal so ended up welding the wire on"

And it begins lol

What else do you expect me to do? New starters aren't cheap.
Thanks given by:
buy one from the scrappy dum dum!
Thanks given by:
Woh! I missed that! lol

Nothing like welding/extreme cooking your starter solenoid dumdum lol

They are like a tenner second hand!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Does it still work? Genuinely intrigued lol, although that's still a chronic fail. Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Chris I've got a huge box here of boost piping, all 2" and 2.25". Few silicone joints and mostly ally pipe work. You can have it for free if you want it. I just want it all out of the way.

Also, you f*cking pikey with the starter but i suppose theres no reason why not lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If you need any other pipes i may also have some bits lying about. I need to go up in loft though. Just want to see this moving.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Woh! I missed that! lol

Nothing like welding/extreme cooking your starter solenoid dumdum lol

They are like a tenner second hand!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Win! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2015, 06:53 AM)Poodle Wrote: Does it still work? Genuinely intrigued lol, although that's still a chronic fail. Tongue
Well after fitting it I bridged it briefly with a spanner and it thumped like it was going to spin but I didn't fully test as I didn't want it starting.

(02-08-2015, 09:25 AM)Niall Wrote: Chris I've got a huge box here of boost piping, all 2" and 2.25". Few silicone joints and mostly ally pipe work. You can have it for free if you want it. I just want it all out of the way.

Also, you f*cking pikey with the starter but i suppose theres no reason why not lol
I'd love you long time for that especially the 2" bits. Trying to do it all in 2" without having to go to 2.25". Ace this month? I don't know what I'm working yet.

Also that was my opinion, it's f*cked anyway, I'll see if I can make it work again till I can get a decent one.

(02-08-2015, 09:27 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: If you need any other pipes i may also have some bits lying about. I need to go up in loft though. Just want to see this moving.
What you got and what sizes, 2" is a preference.
Thanks given by:
Yeah man just text me the day before Ace and ill get it all sorted for you Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Will do, cheers babe x
Thanks given by:
Think mine are 2.25 ill have a measure of whats on my car. Genuinely have no idea what ive got stored in loft.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
f*cking lol at welding the wire! Epic bodge Big Grin

And lol at the bonnet, your car looks like a hipster aha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Aren't the posts copper?

I wasn't aware copper was massively suitable for welding, I'll admit.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
copper coated steel
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
So as she stands, just needs water pipes and an exhaust

Thanks given by:
I bet your neighbours love you. Big Grin
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
FFS! I wanna see this moving/smoking 'bout Big Grin

This is either going to be epic or disaster...I hope epic Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2015, 12:17 PM)C2K Wrote: I bet your neighbours love you. Big Grin
TBH I have no problems, I'm not really overlooked where I am and theres lots of trees and that about to shield noise.

(11-08-2015, 12:20 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: FFS! I wanna see this moving/smoking 'bout Big Grin

This is either going to be epic or disaster...I hope epic Big Grin
or epic disaster lol

So water is all piped up and bled up with no leaks thank f*ck. Had to use a bit of copper pipe as a joiner but that's not the end of the world.

Gave it a whirl at starting once she was back on the ground and didn't even get the click of death from the starter. When I bridge the terminals on the starter I'm getting a good thump but it's not spinning so that'll need replacing when I get paid.

Think all the wiring is different even though the loom plugs in fine with not even getting the click of death, the coolant gauge being all the way at the top and having just 0.60v at the stop solenoid.

Oh and I still need to sort the exhaust out lol.

I'm at the point of wanting to smash the f*ck out of it with a hammer and call the scrap boys to come and pick it up so I'm gonna have a break and if I need to drive I'll tax the rallye.

Thanks given by:
So close bud. Dont give up!

Need any exhaust bits??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Didn't think you'd done anything to the wiring, just plugged it in and hoped it worked..? No real surprise that it hasn't, they're completely different cars, you give in too easy. Tongue

Have you got all the wiring diagrams for both?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 22,988 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 187,891 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,747 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01