Cut out earlier at full throttle @ 3k

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut out earlier at full throttle @ 3k
There was no gunk on the old one when I took it out.

Someone did a map tweak which I think has helped massively.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2015, 06:27 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Someone did a map tweak which I think has helped massively.

so someone has altered your JP map or have they written you a new map?
did they do this before of after fitting the R70 regulator

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I uploaded the tweaked jp map after fitting the r70 fpr.

The R70 fpr and R65? (306) fpr are the same
Thanks given by:
With that much dirt on the regulator I would personally change the fuel pipes and fuel filter before fitting your new pump, otherwise it's going to end up straight back in your new pump, never seen one that dirty before, looks like it had been dropped on a beach...
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, interesting...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 09:25 AM)pro_steve Wrote: 9/10 times you can fix it by just cleaning the regulator, so it's always worth trying that first.
Also, who's map are you running? In mine I set them so that this doesn't happen but it still can if your pump is really worn or the regulator is blocked up.
Just curious as to what you set to stop that happening in your map? If you wanna keep it secret though then no worries haha Smile
(04-07-2015, 11:19 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: Booted it several times and it seems to of cured it
How difficult was it to get the FPR out of the car mate and did you have to replace any of the seals?

Cheers guys Smile
Thanks given by:
The hardest thing getting the fpr out is not to drop anything down into the engine
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2015, 05:38 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Just curious as to what you set to stop that happening in your map? If you wanna keep it secret though then no worries haha Smile

Basically it's the over pressure under pressure limits, which are easily hit as soon as you stray away from the stock settings. This accounts for slightly tarred up regulators and worn out pumps, but doesn't account for regulators completely blocked up with dirt.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: