Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible bosch pump problem/ no acceleration
(02-07-2015, 11:37 AM)simonh Wrote: It seems to be air ingress at the filter housing as when bypassed I couldn't get any of the symptoms even when up to temperature. Smooth idle and revving easily. I didn't actually drive it incase it sucked any crap into the pump.

I cleaned and refitted the housing with silicone around the base and all over the white part/ thermostat controller bit near the fuel inlet. Left it overnight then put in another new fuel filter as the seal on yesterdays new filter seemed to have stretched. Started the car and everything seemed fine again till just under 90 degrees on the thermostat when the engine cut out. Restarted buy lumpy idle and no acceleration unless the grenade was pumped. Is there any area anyone can think of where it would only draw air when it's hot?

Next plan is to try an inline filter and see if that cures it. It's never run on veg so I don't imagine it'd be a problem not to have the heater.

I ran my old D turbo with an inline filter for 8 months with no issues. That ran on veg oil too.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: possible bosch pump problem/ no acceleration - by PartyJas - 02-07-2015, 12:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,425 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,986 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,488 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby