Stage 2 Clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 2 Clutch
My clutch release bearing has decided to fail, so I'm going to take this opportunity to upgrade the clutch ready for stage 2.
So I'd like to ask for links to websites where people have either bought a LuK or Valeo o.e. clutch, or a Sachs paddle clutch as these are the 3 I've narrowed it down to from reading previous posts on here, however I am weary about where I buy parts from and would just like advice on where people have had good experiences with in the past.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Luk or valeo OE are available everywhere, i'd just do that and get a limited torque map. If you're not going past stage 2 then i don't really see the point of going for a paddle clutch. Paddle clutches really affect drivability and aren't designed to be driven daily - they will wear considerably faster than a normal clutch and put more stress on your transmission.

I get the best service from my local motor factors, but they can be a bit pot luck. I'd stay away from euros because cba sending it back three times to get the right part, but then they're cheap and convenient, especially if you work during normal business hours. I don't generally buy new parts online any more as i've not had much luck with quality of service, so can't really recommend anywhere else, sorry.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the advice mate, really appreciate it! Think I'm not gonna bother with a paddle clutch as I do use my 306 as a daily driver so would be a bit shit in traffic etc
Thanks given by:
(30-06-2015, 12:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: Luk or valeo OE are available everywhere, i'd just do that and get a limited torque map. If you're not going past stage 2 then i don't really see the point of going for a paddle clutch. Paddle clutches really affect drivability and aren't designed to be driven daily - they will wear considerably faster than a normal clutch and put more stress on your transmission.

I get the best service from my local motor factors, but they can be a bit pot luck. I'd stay away from euros because cba sending it back three times to get the right part, but then they're cheap and convenient, especially if you work during normal business hours. I don't generally buy new parts online any more as i've not had much luck with quality of service, so can't really recommend anywhere else, sorry.

im dumb lol,.  what is a  limited torque map??
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann race centre pipe
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
A map that limits the torque ThumbsUp

Think Ronseal.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Aren't there a few examples where a standard clutch is holding a full-fat stage 2 though? Cannot remember who they were off here, but the consensus was that the issue with clutches slipping was more to do with members chucking on a stage 2 map with a 80k+ used clutch. I replaced my clutch about 10k ago with a standard Sachs unit, and am about to go Stage 2 so am probably going to a limited torque map anyway. Very reluctant to just go for it with the full Stage 2 and a standard, albeit new, clutch.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2015, 07:03 PM)craig306 Wrote:
(30-06-2015, 12:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: Luk or valeo OE are available everywhere, i'd just do that and get a limited torque map.

(06-08-2015, 07:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: A map that limits the torque ThumbsUp

Think Ronseal.

Rofl It chokes the torque so its piss weak like a GTi6's torque....

*stands back waiting for the bullets* Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 06:00 AM)highwayman306 Wrote:
(30-06-2015, 12:27 PM)Poodle Wrote: Luk or valeo OE are available everywhere, i'd just do that and get a limited torque map.

Think Ronseal.

So is there any point in having a limit tq? ?
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 08:49 AM)craig306 Wrote:

Think Ronseal.

So is there any point in having a limit tq? ?

To limit the torque.. Making it easier on clutch etc, just a tad more reliable/cheaper in the long run
Thanks given by:
nearly all decent power modern diesels and many big power petrols have torque limits per gear.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2015, 07:40 PM)Alan_M Wrote: Aren't there a few examples where a standard clutch is holding a full-fat stage 2 though? Cannot remember who they were off here, but the consensus was that the issue with clutches slipping was more to do with members chucking on a stage 2 map with a 80k+ used clutch. I replaced my clutch about 10k ago with a standard Sachs unit, and am about to go Stage 2 so am probably going to a limited torque map anyway. Very reluctant to just go for it with the full Stage 2 and a standard, albeit new, clutch.

Yeah standard clutch here running full fat stage 2 (it was a new original clutch just before s2), has been for probably 40k+ now.

Think Ronseal.

Actually, a torque limited s2 HDi is still around 240 lb/ft, GTi6 is 145ish Wink Although a GTi6 would still walk a limited torque HDi
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so a std new clutch with a stage 2 will hold for a while?
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 02:00 PM)craig306 Wrote: so a std new clutch with a stage 2 will hold for a while?

Jimbo's did.

Providing you have some mechanical sympathy it'll last like danny's hdi (midnightclub)
Thanks given by:
In fairness the Mrs has been driving it for the past while and she doesn't give it as much stick as I did... but I gave it some abuse for 10-15k never showed a slight sign of slippage. Mechanical sympathy is definitely the way forward if you want a stock clutch to work though
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is a time and place for WOT. so if you easy on the peddle it will last a bit longer
306 HDI 
stage 1+ remap
piper cross air filter
hoffmann de-cat pipe
sportex rear tailbox 3"

Thanks given by:
i fmic'd my hdi with around 25K on the clock. ran stage 2 upto about 59k with no issues, driven hard pretty much every day. ive now put a reduced torque map on as it was starting to slip if booting it from low revs.

a good standard clutch should be fine if you speak with your mapper and get them to smooth the torque curve out. so effectivly not loosing any noticeable power just making it more forgiving on the clutch
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best clutch for stage 2 L16rye 4 2,309 15-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Clutch kit Stage 2 ? MrBigMac 54 9,734 28-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Best clutch for a stage 1 hdi? Iceman299 10 3,170 05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Iceman299