Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerflex Destruction :S
Bit bored so thought id share this Smile

Heres a quick pic of how a powerflex engine mount can fail :S

[Image: 20120421_102932.jpg]

[Image: 20120421_104721-1.jpg]

anyone else managed to do this lol

But to be fair sent them email and they sent a replacement within a few days under lifetime warranty and some extra large washers to stop this happening again, Thumbs up Smile

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So by sending you extra large washers they're admitting their product's a poor design?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That is shocking!!!
I have powerflex bottom arm bushes and they are nackerd how did you go abought geting the replacement Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I can't imagine how my stock one feels... lol!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I only set off in second but now with bosch power Smile They were very good just sent an email explaining how i have all their products on my car and attatched these images and no questions asked they sent it out FOC didnt ask for proof of purchase or anything well impressed Smile

its wierd how just one slice split and not the other the large washers are to keep the 2 pieces in if it happens again. as it was a rough ride home lol
Thanks given by:
ooops!... How do they feel when they aren't split, heard they are very "solid" ?
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Lol wtf, ive had mine through 3 engines and thats never happened!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
CJ_Derv Wrote:I only set off in second but now with bosch power Smile They were very good just sent an email explaining how i have all their products on my car and attatched these images and no questions asked they sent it out FOC didnt ask for proof of purchase or anything well impressed Smile

thanks for the info mate Smile

Thanks given by:
haha I have top mount adaption to stop any movement and a harder gearbox mount, there is a reasonable amount of vibration at low idle. they are fairly hard but I can feel the improvement.

I couldnt work it out Darren lol but luckily didnt cause any other damage
Thanks given by:
Off topic, but how did you find drving with a poly bush in? Is it horrendous as a daily, or better etc??
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:ooops!... How do they feel when they aren't split, heard they are very "solid" ?
mines got one jake,
i prefer them to the old stock ones
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Off topic, but how did you find drving with a poly bush in? Is it horrendous as a daily, or better etc??

Much better pal, more responsive feel to it id say, and you can feel when something isnt right lol
Thanks given by:
Yeh I wanted to make one just for the agressive feel to it, but didnt know if it would totally do my head in as a daily though...
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:Yeh I wanted to make one just for the agressive feel to it, but didnt know if it would totally do my head in as a daily though...

I use mine everyday and its all good mate
Thanks given by:
To be fair they are a bit rash on a daily derv...dosnt bother me at all as the cars really just for fun, but if your using your car with passengers / in traffic etc all the time, it probs will piss you off..makes stuff vibrate etc at idle...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Applies to 6s also people! 4 pot engines generally arent the smoothest engines so you do get some vibration at idle even when using petroleum engined vehicles.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Heh, still total win tho as far as im concerned, raw naughtyness ftw.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:To be fair they are a bit rash on a daily derv...dosnt bother me at all as the cars really just for fun, but if your using your car with passengers / in traffic etc all the time, it probs will piss you off..makes stuff vibrate etc at idle...

This is my concern, especially with an unsprung clutch... I guess I should just man up and try one though... probs make one in few hours heh cheers for input, back on topic Big Grin
Thanks given by:
O yes Smile Just dont put Group Ns on a diesel, or any road car for that matter >.<
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:To be fair they are a bit rash on a daily derv...dosnt bother me at all as the cars really just for fun, but if your using your car with passengers / in traffic etc all the time, it probs will piss you off..makes stuff vibrate etc at idle...

This is my concern, especially with an unsprung clutch... I guess I should just man up and try one though... probs make one in few hours heh cheers for input, back on topic Big Grin

I was running mine with un sprung paddle, get used to it in no time / drives like normal car...just bit virbrations like...but meh, if you live for the XUD, then you will make the right decision Wink
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Heh, still total win tho as far as im concerned, raw naughtyness ftw.

Total agreement Smile

I run sprung paddle and its not too bad
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:O yes Smile Just dont put Group Ns on a diesel, or any road car for that matter >.<

I had Group N mounts all round on my GTI and tbh it was not too bad
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by: