Renting a unit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renting a unit
Quick question for anyone with or had a unit:

What sort of running costs are there or isit all in?

I'm looking at one with 1500 sqft big I know but theres hardly any around me that accept car work "/ to be carried out.

Anything I should look out for or tips or anything let me know please?
Thanks given by:
Really depends where inthe country you are. In outer london a tiny single garage could be £40-£120/month and out in the middle of nowhere a massive unit that would hold 9 cars is £250 odd (like Zakk and Matt have)
Thanks given by:
The one I was looking at is 460 a month, I don't know if that's all in, there's a service charge as well of 1200 a year but it seems to be a decent size... Going to ring him tomorrow to book a appointment to view Smile
Thanks given by:
That's money that could buy a house... With a garage...
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Got a garage "/ not big enough....
Thanks given by:
Get a break clause at 6 months, speak to others locally to find out what they pay.
£460 should get you a pretty big place. Is that plus vat, services and business rates?
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Friend rents a 8m x 4m converted barn unit at £200 a month near castle combe. Worth chatting to farmers as they often have this kind of stuff.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
In total it will be around 680 a month with vat added and service charge there is no business rates... not sure about electric and water though...

not sure if this will work
http://www.propertypilot.co.uk/pdf/161+151.pdf

its unit 12
Thanks given by:
Get friendly with guys locally with big gardens/out buildings, using a mates 8*20 metre Barn. Free of charge Smile
Thanks given by:
Wow thats a fair size!

Didnt realise you were only just down the valley, im often down abergavenny and always end up at tiffins in Cwmbran for an all you can eat indian Big Grin

With regards too the unit i would get it in your name and then maybe sub let a bit of space out to mates / charge them storage for cars which is what i do Smile soon brings the price down considerably Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
f*ck me 700 month? Gotta be able to buy a mansion for that in Wales! thats crazy money for a unit. Can think of a lot I'd rather do with that...
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
5.5k a year before vat?!

make your current garagr bigger/get rid of crap/move somewhere with a bigger garage!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2015, 03:53 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Wow thats a fair size!

Didnt realise you were only just down the valley, im often down abergavenny and always end up at tiffins in Cwmbran for an all you can eat indian Big Grin

With regards too the unit i would get it in your name and then maybe sub let a bit of space out to mates / charge them storage for cars which is what i do Smile soon brings the price down considerably Smile

Oi what you doing in my town lol

Look for something in cwmbran/pontypool dirt cheap down here
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know "/ having 2nd thoughts now seems alot but would be going in half's with my dad but still even then it's a lot.... Think I may just keep an eye out for somthing smaller, at most it will be around 5 cars. It's just every company I have rang and spoke to around here don't allow car activities.

Thanks for the advice and that anyway Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2015, 06:08 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(01-07-2015, 03:53 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Wow thats a fair size!

Oi what you doing in my town lol

Look for something in cwmbran/pontypool dirt cheap down here

My town when im there boyo Tongue should have a Tiffins 306oc meet! Big Grin

(01-07-2015, 10:14 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: Yeah I know "/ having 2nd thoughts now seems alot but would be going in half's with my dad but still even then it's a lot.... Think I may just keep an eye out for somthing smaller, at most it will be around 5 cars. It's just every company I have rang and spoke to around here don't allow car activities.

Thanks for the advice and that anyway Smile

Best off finding a smaller local industrial estate thats all privately owned. Make some enquiries and speak directly with the landlord. i pay £200 a month for mine and mine has decent security, space inside for 3-4 cars and a secure yard that can hold another 5-6 vehicles. and thats including VAT! Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
As said already, that is insane money. You'd need to be running a decent business from there to make those numbers work.
Thanks given by:
I'm tempted to get a unit, buy a load of shagged gym equipment (mostly free weights), put a counter and till in and open a sand/sawdust style gym.

Have a car outside of it for sale constantly, charge £25 a month for unlimited use.

Can't cost that much right?

Self employed ambitions yo. <3
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Trent, are you actually that guy from lock stock?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 01:05 PM)Poodle Wrote: Trent, are you actually that guy from lock stock?

Dunno never watched it.

I make my own road.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 01:05 PM)Poodle Wrote: Trent, are you actually that guy from lock stock?

Surely you mean snatch?

Tongue
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
How have you never seen lock stock!?!?!?!?!?!?
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 06:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: How have you never seen lock stock!?!?!?!?!?!?

ninja
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 10:12 AM)silverzx Wrote: I'm tempted to get a unit, buy a load of shagged gym equipment (mostly free weights), put a counter and till in and open a sand/sawdust style gym.

Have a car outside of it for sale constantly, charge £25 a month for unlimited use.

Can't cost that much right?

Self employed ambitions yo. <3

I had that thought as well.

There's a guy in my town who admittedly has always been into powerlifting etc. who set up his own gym with mostly 2nd hand equipment that he bought all in one go, I think at an auction or something from another gym that went bankrupt and is now doing extremely well for himself.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 01:08 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

Surely you mean snatch?

Tongue

Hahahah touche, sir!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Video 

Just had me in stitches in the office Rofl
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2015, 05:15 PM)C2K Wrote: f*ck me 700 month? Gotta be able to buy a mansion for that in Wales! thats crazy money for a unit. Can think of a lot I'd rather do with that...

£700 a month is more than I pay for rent and bills in a reasonably expensive part of the UK, plus I'd still have enough spare for diesel as well. And I have unlimited free parking... lol Seriously though, never expected a warehouse to cost that much! Confused
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 01:08 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

Surely you mean snatch?

Tongue

This

(02-07-2015, 06:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: How have you never seen lock stock!?!?!?!?!?!?

and 100% this. Its just one of them films you have to watch in your life time!!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I haven't got time to sit and commit 2 hours of my life to a film that I probably won't enjoy.

Man got business to tend to. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 07:54 AM)silverzx Wrote: I haven't got time to sit and commit 2 hours of my life to a film that I probably won't enjoy.

Man got business to tend to. Wink

Bullshit. man up and commit.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renting a house/ flat kentiiboii 74 19,075 03-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Last Post: puglove