Where to get cheap hydraulic lines?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to get cheap hydraulic lines?
Where can I get a cheap hydraulic line made up? The place local to me asked for a ridiculous price last time and the only other place I can think of is Think Automotive who are the UK suppliers of Mocal and Aeroquip so you can imagine their prices.

I'm looking for M14 banjo one end and M10 banjo the other end, 1m long or just over if possible, doesn't need to be braided, will be carrying engine oil, max pressure will be 5bar, max temp will be 130*C.
Thanks given by:
Pirtek, the largest cost will be the hose itself, as you will need stainless steel overbraided oil line if near the turbo.. if not then pirtek anyway
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
pirtek are one of the most expensive, find your local agricultural equipment place or industrial fluid power engineers.

tbh, think auto wont be that expensive and they have a very good reputation
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2015, 06:12 PM)welshpug Wrote: pirtek are one of the most expensive, find your local agricultural equipment place or industrial fluid power engineers.

Think automotive are A-Mazing! I have used them before.

I'll try and find and agricultural equipment place.
Thanks given by:
tractor hydraulic hose i got made for mine
Hmm find a place in london Big Grin

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Pirtek can be cheap.They seem to just pull their numbers out of thin air! Go in there and butter the guy up and you may get a good price Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That reminds me, I must go and dry fist Pirtek this week, robbing barstewards have massively overcharged us despite being super cheap last time Sad
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I got all the bits of eBay and made my own oil line up works bloody well
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
I use eagle plant around here 4 crimped unions and hose £20
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2015, 06:12 PM)welshpug Wrote: pirtek are one of the most expensive, find your local agricultural equipment place or industrial fluid power engineers.

Anything near us then Wink?
Thanks given by:
we use bristol hose, no idea what we pay but i know its a hell of a lot less than we used to pay Pirtek (although we've always found their service/products to be brilliant)
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys.

Jonny/Niall; Hose Spare who I used last time were like that, called up Friday night and got quoted £35 then went in Monday morning to have it made and got handed an invoice for £85. Told them that was f*cking ridiculous and they denied all knowledge of the quote and in the end I paid £55 cash (ish)

I genuinely have no idea of how that pricing structure works.
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2015, 08:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cheers guys.

Jonny/Niall;  Hose Spare who I used last time were like that, called up Friday night and got quoted £35 then went in Monday morning to have it made and got handed an invoice for £85. Told them that was f*cking ridiculous and they denied all knowledge of the quote and in the end I paid £55 cash (ish)

I genuinely have no idea of how that pricing structure works.

For my high and low pressure hoses to the PAS pump under the boot (3.5m), they quoted me £180 at the counter. I was just about to say f*ck that when he said oh, you don't want to pay that though. I paid £110 in the end which isn't bad for 3.5 metres of high pressure line but not great.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
See I'd of thought alot of the cost was the labour in swagging (sp) the hoses.
Thanks given by:
Chris call Custom Hose in Watford and see how much they can do it for?
Thanks given by:
For hoses like turbo lines etc I find it just as easy to make my own with decent hose and aeroquip fittings, at least then you can get it exactly how you want it...but I do often have hoses made up on the farm / for urgent car projects, and they dont cost that much from local hydro place, that said, there not exactly a few quid, end of the day decent gates hose and press fittings cost money...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Place in weston (but also has other branches) for any West Country boys called Avon Hydraulics.

Have had a few turbo water lines / oil lines made there.

Been charged £17.50-£28 a line.

http://www.avonhydraulics.co.uk/
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2015, 09:43 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Chris call Custom Hose in Watford and see how much they can do it for?

I second that, excellent place. I always go there. 
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Beaumanor hydrailiics in Leicester, use them all the time, there is a another place I know that will give me mates rates.
Thanks given by:
Just spoken to custom hose in Watford and they think £20 should cover it Smile

Buzzing Smile
Thanks given by:
Proper old skool place that, fella on a counter in a tiny sales space full of old pics of old motors and random hose fittings, no need to ring,just go in show him what you want and he will wander off into the back, grumbling a bit, then come back with exactly what you want and charge you next to nothing.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-06-2015, 08:38 PM)Lwilliams Wrote:

Anything near us then Wink?

Theres a place by me in cwmbran called acorn power fluid ( i think! Or just acorn fluid) that are cheaper than pirtek
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 10:56 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Just spoken to custom hose in Watford and they think £20 should cover it Smile

Buzzing Smile

fancy getting me an oil line done for the 2.1?

Can have a free bonnet as commission Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My local place A B hoses and fittings, charged me £10 the other day for a new oil line for my gt20. Time before that was £20. I'm always in there for fuel pipe etc

Thanks given by: