pug 360 1.8

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pug 360 1.8
Question 
this is my work in progress first real attempt at this kinda thing, I want to know effective engine mods lowering guide maybe and of course I'm open to Criticism Censored

why when I multi upload pics only one appears Censored

p.s I the person who offered me a max power 306 Haynes manual can you message me your details so I can pay pal you please

Puke blues low budget work in progress Rofl Idea

blah blahblah
Thanks given by:
Seen everyting in your other thread so no need to repost.

tbh the best power for money would be to stick a gti6 engine in there. You can fit gti6 exhaust and inlet manifolds to the 1.8. Mapping cant be changed as the ecu is random but you can get an omex standalone ecu and get that mapped up. Bearing in mind ive spent about £3000 on my engine and its only gone from 112hp to 129.4hp.
Thanks given by:
I'm starting a welding course soon so when I'm good enough I'll weld a manifold and turbo it then can you put better inlet on this engine then what about higher lift cams? carb conversion? would carbs do anything? or doable?
Thanks given by:
carbs and turbo?
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 08:28 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Seen everyting in your other thread so no need to repost.

tbh the best power for money would be to stick a gti6 engine in there. You can fit gti6 exhaust and inlet manifolds to the 1.8. Mapping cant be changed as the ecu is random but you can get an omex standalone ecu and get that mapped up. Bearing in mind ive spent about £3000 on my engine and its only gone from 112hp to 129.4hp.

Thats because yours is an epic bodge up!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
if I turbo'D it I would use gti inlet but I I didn't turbo and what options do I have don't sound like it's easy to get gains

ha epic bodge up Rofl welding will be a good trade handy one

what mods you done? for three grand! gold plated manifold?

says you got a gti how many pugs you got?
Thanks given by:
throttlebodies and aftermarket ECU, lightened fly wheel, gti6 exhaust manifold, full strainless exhaust., bigger injectors, mapping, gti6 gearbox, gti6 clutch. It all adds up.
Thanks given by:
I guess I have never done up an engine that much so wouldn't know to be honest no money like that will be spent on mine unless it turns out good looking and is strong

I have brought quite a lot of fibre glass, bondo, and paint and a merc front splitter on the rear and a reananly Clio one on the front but they were a tenner lol
Thanks given by:
theres a guy on another thread who says hes getting 140 bhp from a 1.8 by using XU7 block and gti cams, exhaust manifold and K & N Inbox with no remap?? is this possible
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2015, 08:21 AM)connorp Wrote: theres a guy on another thread who says hes getting 140 bhp from a 1.8 by using XU7 block and gti cams, exhaust manifold and K & N Inbox with no remap?? is this possible

only 40 more surely must be possible to get a lot more just costs money I can't even get my wheels off I lost my nut key 
Thanks given by:
Lads. At the end of the day you've bought the 1.8. If you were after power you should've bought the gti the cost difference in minimal these days and if you can't insure a gti you sure as hell cant insure a car modified to the extent you are talking about.

If you want a car with tuneable power then the 1.9 xud is your best bet. It's a bit coaly but you'll see more power out of that with a few inexpensive mods than you will chucking money at your n/a 1.8.

Eeyore there knows more than most about what a money pit the 1.8 is so I'd listen. 

If you continue along these lines you are in danger of getting flamed like the "yo blood, how do I turbo my 1.4 init" threads of yesteryear. Rofl
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I'm not investing that kind of money into this car I just want it to look cool sometimes I wish it was a 1.4 the insurance might be a bit cheaper but I'm guessing the 1.4 is dead slow i got offered one dead cheap! the engine I got in this one the 1.8 is really healthy so it's a shame really

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: