How much will it weigh?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much will it weigh?
Anyone any idea how much a 306 will weigh without engine, gearbox, driveshafts, wishbones, hubs, rear beam and exhaust?

It's pretty much a shell with an interior now Smile 
I need to lift the shell away and leave the engine on the create on the floor, but is it a case of id be able to lift the front with help from a mate? Or is it likely to still be to heavy to do that?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2015, 11:49 AM)Matt Wrote: Anyone any idea how much a 306 will weigh without engine, gearbox, driveshafts, wishbones, hubs, rear beam and exhaust?

It's pretty much a shell with an interior now Smile 
I need to lift the shell away and leave the engine on the create on the floor, but is it a case of id be able to lift the front with help from a mate? Or is it likely to still be to heavy to do that?

If you scrapping the shell get creative with an angle grinder Wink if not can be done with help and a few jacks to get things going Smile
Thanks given by:
It'll be easy with two mate, will need at least four if you don't want to mark the tarmac dragging it about though.

Edit: hmm, just reread that, lifting it all the way over the engine will be a struggle, better off chopping out the front crossmember and pulling the shell backwards.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Not sure on weight but when I scrapped my old DT we cut up the shell into 3 pieces, then my dad and I were able to lift each piece onto a truck he'd borrowed from work which was probably chest/shoulder height.

So 4 guys could lift a whole shell I guess. Why not just get 2 to lift the front up then drag the pallet with the engine forward and out the way?
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's the plan, lift the front and drag the pallet out.
But if that's gunna work I wanna lift it, then prop it with the massive posts of wood I have here and then drag it out. Smile
Thanks given by:
Just use a trolley jack and some wood. That how I removed a VTs engine from a Saxo on my own.

[Image: IMG_0530.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Depending on if you have doors wings boot etc you could still be talking 500kg easily.

I got £23.something for my bianca shell but I forget at what price so that's probably irrelevant but that was a bare shell.
Thanks given by:
Yeah problem is with jacking it up I still can't just slide it out as the cross member is in the way! Absolute ball ache as I don't have an angle grinder here! Might have to go buy one again :/
Thanks given by:
You'll go through the cross member with a hack saw.

If you get 2 scaffold poles you may be able to jam them in the chassis legs and get enough leverage to slide the engine out from underneath.
Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 01:07 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You'll go through the cross member with a hack saw.

If you get 2 scaffold poles you may be able to jam them  in the chassis legs and get enough leverage to slide the engine out from underneath.

This. Niall did it to mine with a junior hacksaw so a proper one shoudl have no trouble.
Thanks given by:
It'll let go if you apply yourself with a hammer, if you're that short of tools lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-06-2015, 02:42 PM)Poodle Wrote: It'll let go if you apply yourself with a hammer, if you're that short of tools lol.

I find a kindling axe is also effective for this reason lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
^^^ Yeah several people on this forum have seen me scythe through cars with a maul, definitely the too of win.
Thanks given by: