Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all. Some of you may know me from the GTI6 forum. Thought I'd join up here as the 6 clubs pretty much dead now.
Anyway, I have had 2 gti's over the last 11 years with a scooby for 14 months between them.
Anyways, I look forward to meeting some of you at pugfest.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club fella, should be a good few of us at Pugfest Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Cheers fella. I'll be there with pete armz. Although we seem to get on the hill and stay there.

Here's a quick piccy of the 6. Although it's changed a little since then.

[Image: 20120909_121525.jpg]

Thanks given by:
How's it going mate Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Good mate. Nice to see a forum with a little movement

Thanks given by:
No idea who you are as I've never even set foot on the 6 forum. But welcome non the less. Friendly bunch on here always chatting.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2015, 03:34 PM)aaron6 Wrote: Good mate. Nice to see a forum with a little movement

Yeah it's all go here Smile 

Lots of cool projects aswell 
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Does anyone on here know the cure to squealing xantia discs on the 406 brembo's set up? And not tarox....

Thanks given by:
Hi I'm new to owner clubs and forums but I'm show I'll pick it up. I thought I'll join you after seeing u at French car show I was parked in non club stand I was a little disappointed that I was put out of way after spending 2 weeks at work (Hackett's body shop) given my x reg 306 hdi 3 door a full respray which it needed. I'll be going to pug fest with my dad he bring his 53 plate 1.9d partner van
Thanks given by:
Welcome Aaron Smile
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Cheers pebbles. Nice to see another familiar name.

[Image: IMG_20150611_084546.jpg] [Image: 20150611_070402.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Car is looking siik!! Big Grin

There are quite a few of us over here now days, 306oc is very much alive you'll be pleased to hear.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
That's good. I got the brembo's on yesterday with the help of armz. My god those xantia discs squeal. Might look into doing something with them

Thanks given by:
(11-06-2015, 06:34 PM)Cho99er5000 Wrote: Hi I'm new to owner clubs and forums but I'm show I'll pick it up. I thought I'll join you after seeing u at French car show I was parked in non club stand I was a little disappointed that I was put out of way after spending 2 weeks at work (Hackett's body shop) given my x reg 306 hdi 3 door a full respray which it needed. I'll be going to pug fest with my dad he bring his 53 plate 1.9d partner van
Welcome buddy. Hope you enjoy the forum Smile

Nice to see you over here Aaron! I believe the reason why the 406 brembos squeal is because they are ever so slightly offset. Like literally 1mm or less. Dont know which way though so not sure if you could shim them or have to skim the mounts.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah. We shimmed them. They still squeal. I've no idea why though. The 406 disc has a different unusual design so maybe it literally is just like the harmonics of the common types of discs.

Thanks given by:
Maybe. Maybe its a sign you should get RS Brembos Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Congratulations.

It's the discs. And the tarox that work are g88. I've used them with ds2500 and zero squeak. They squeak on 406 coupe too with chamfered pads and squeal shims! Tbh the calipers aren't that great.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Welcome Cool

Never been on the gti6 forum . Theres always something happening on here so sure you will fit right in .
Thanks given by:
Christ I'm on more than 12000 posts on that forum FML...
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, nice car. Looks clean. Any other mods? Maybe a thread is due.
Thanks given by:
Not too many mods really. Coilovers on thefront, referb jord beam with fresh mounts, spax adjustable shocks on the back with a thicker arb and I just fitted some Mazda RX8 seats. Black mask headlights and side repeaters and a mocal 13 row oil cooler with thermostatic sandwich plate and a replacement K and N for the standard intake.

Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Smile

Squealing brembos f*cked me off so badly i took them off and sold them. Back to standard with good quality disc & pad combo and barely notice a difference lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Just need to go bigger discs mate Wink nothing wrong with the callipers I've got 406 brembos on mine with 330mm rotors and bells and not a hint of a noise ever..... The pads in Aaron's setup have just come out of mine as I've upgraded to ds2500's but they made 0 noise before.

Yes the offset isn't perfect with the xantia discs but we shaved a tiny amount off the calliper mounting points to even it up.

Had a 406coupe in for front discs and pads the other day. having looked at the discs the shape is totally different to the xantia ones and is very similar to the design of discs on the front of my Leon (323mm 4 pot brembos use same pad as the 406 callipers)

Personally I think a lot of it is down to the resonance frequency of the disc and the fact that the pads only contact about 2/3-3/4 of the disc surface. The rest towards the centre is left untouched.

We might try machining the unused section off on a lathe see if it makes any difference to noise at all.

Welcome to the OC side mate lol to be fair I'm not on here that often. There's tonnes of knowledgable people on here that pop up with advice pretty quickly so I usually don't bother and there's rarely stuff for sale im interested in.

It's always busy tho and most are friendly Smile
Thanks given by:
Pete do the callipers not sit all the way into the centre of the disc then? If so, i can't imagine that helps too much!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
They do now.

Thanks given by:
[Image: ece374bb413a2de774e51f3df1fbee08.jpg] this was me at FCS what do you think
Thanks given by: