Clutches..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutches..
Stage 3. New clutch will be needed at some point soon. Soon so what budget options are available.?

Dw10 hdi

Please include flywheel change options, if any.

Also I heard that some of the van cluitches were slightly meatier clutch than standard. Is this true?

Bearing in mind stage3. So 340ft/lb plus
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
cg are the most common, they work but quality is hit and miss. With your turbo I don't think you will see over 300 lbs ft, good hp but i don't think it will give the low down air, which is good news for the clutch
Thanks given by:
I'll be buying an xud cg clutch soon. Might be able to get a discount?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
mine will be a while, as i said i will be pushing the old one apart first.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Over 300 lb/ft = goodbye gear box!
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 08:46 PM)pugbug Wrote: Over 300 lb/ft = goodbye gear box!

er... no
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Hes not right but hes not overly wrong either, plant it in 5th and you will strip the teeth clean off with much over 300lbs/ft, its happened many times on here, I'm on my second or third box :/
Thanks given by:
Don't know of anyone here on .net been running over 300 lb/ft without box issues in the long run. Good for dyno runs, but that's box is not rated for them type of torque figures.
Thanks given by:
No need to make the torque that high IMO - with a bigger turbo you should be able to inject further up the RPMs, 340lb.ft is just a recipe for damaging driveline components and causing wheelyspins everywhere. It's nice having that quantity of torque, but the reality is more of a nightmare, it does mean you have to restrict it - the chassis and driveline just can't cope.

I'd be trying to keep it below 310-320lb.ft to save stuff like that - That's my opinion anyway.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
As the others have said, this turbo shouldn't be torque-monster, which is one of the main reasons i specced it. Personally i'd suggest trying to find a second-hand unit from helix or sachs, or perhaps look into the uprated luk version someone mentioned recently. A lot of the van clutches are meant to be meatier and seem to hold more abuse, might be worth a go.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
That's what I was thinking.. I am wondering if the hdi partner vans are beefier and/or have a stronger spring setup to accommodate for the increased load requirements with the van.!

Who would know?
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I believe it's just a more heavily sprung cover plate, i guess the sachs consumer info line might be able to help, got to be worth a shot. That said, i'd still be surprised if it could the abuse you're likely to give it...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clutches mcglynn 6 1,415 24-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Last Post: mcglynn