Hhheeeellpppp!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hhheeeellpppp!!!
Put all new bolts in and the same thing is still happening?
Thanks given by:
Mounting face defo clean and flat on both the manifold and head?

Vac hose plugged in properly on the top?

Inlet resonator fitted and sealing?

Throttle body sealing properly to the manifold?

Nothing sticking the throttle body open, got enough slack on the cable to let it fully close?

ICV housing sealing to the manifold?

Stuff a rag down the throttle body hole and then get a can of lighter gas and spray it anywhere it could be leaking, when the revs rise that's where your air leak is.
Thanks given by:
It's around the gasket, I just need new ones, I got the wrong ones

Do I need a resonator bung? Or not?
Thanks given by:
if there isnt a resonator fitted then yes you most certainly do!!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
^^^^ This.

If you don't have a resonator yes you need a bung LOL. That gaping hole will be your air leak.
Thanks given by:
there is a resonator on it but whats the point of the resonator? is there any benefits to having/not having one?
also new gasket ordered and will be here friday
Thanks given by:
Google might answer about the resonator better but i think it works like this.

Essentially it gives better response (allegedly) and better low RPM air flow, smooths out inlet pulses or some shit like that.
Removing it sounds awesome and might add a tiny bit of top end power (not enough to notice).

I have no resonator and no problems.
Thanks given by:
Will the inlet manifold run ok with the gti injectors still on it????

Also I'm guessing this really isn't a good sign? :/

[Image: 4e642b8a2410ca12c0595a5ba1cccea8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
Thanks given by:
Thats not great but could be caused by low useage, or loads of short trips.

What does it look like under the oil filler cap?
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Clean as a whistle, no signs of oil and water mixing in the block, where does that pipe come from and go to? Whats meant to go through it? And how can I flush it through?
Thanks given by:
Right so the manifold is on complete with gti injectors as of yesterday
Driving it today I noticed there was a loss of power when I put my foot flat, is this due to the injectors? Or something else?
And yes it is massively over fueling, it stinks and it's spitting black out of the exhaust.
I will be changing the injectors at the weekend too but I'm not completely sure how to, is it just a case of un-bolting, taking off gti injectors and bolting the 1.8 injectors straight on? Also is it hard to remove?
Thanks given by:
injectors are too big, fit the 1.8 ones.

right, the 1.8 uses 1984 C5, which is a bosch part number of 0-280-155-809, they flow 176 cc/min at 3 bar.

the gti6 IW204's are rated at 265cc/min @3 bar.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
when i changed the manifold on the xsi it idled at 2.5k until i did an ecu reset.
take the battery off for half and hour to an hour and then reconnect and see what its like. it solved it for me
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeah the idle doesn't settle and it keeps revving to 2k without me being on the throttle, I'll do the injectors and the reset at the weekend and let you know how it goes
Thanks given by:
Not so difficult to change the injectors, The easy and safe way to prevent the high fuel pressure spread out when taking off injectors is park the car overnight and take offthe injectors in the morning.

I'm not sure the condition of new injectors that you fitted on, if you fitted on with whole complete set of Gti may be you can swap all the injectors and rail.
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
i did the injectors on saturday and now shes running sweet.
they were by no means easy though, ive kept the gti fuel rail and just changed the injectors due to pipe locations, but the amount of force it takes to push them in to make a seal with the o-rings is insane but glad ive done it now
Thanks given by:
Grease the o-rings next time. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I feel embarrassed, I had to change an O-ring because an injector was leaking but this time I used silicone grease and they went in so easy
Thanks given by:
Hahha don't be, it's all easy when you know how.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: