Spinning TRE ball joint.....HELP!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinning TRE ball joint.....HELP!!
Borrow one from somewhere ninja
Thanks given by:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:Borrow one from somewhere ninja

lol If my neighbour comes round and asks why theres a hole in here patio I'll tell her it was your idea. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
See how you said you were mushrooming the head of the driveshaft? You DID leave the hub nut on the end of it didn't you?

If you've flattened the end you aren't getting it out any time soon lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:See how you said you were mushrooming the head of the driveshaft? You DID leave the hub nut on the end of it didn't you?

If you've flattened the end you aren't getting it out any time soon lmao

No I took the nut off...but hacksawed the mushroomed end off when I realised lol.

Anyway, taken the whole strut off now and been whacking it on the floor for ages....still nothing...but now I've been whacking everything so hard I've 'squared' the pinch bolt hole so that isnt going back in lol. But the shaft still hasn't moved!!

So definitly time for a new strut. Sad Might aswell fix some of the other problems now as I cant do anything else until the scrappys open tomorow. Sigh.
Thanks given by:
this thread is full of epic failure, rounding off bolts from hitting too hard, removing a strut to sort a TRE. lol

You are special mate!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:this thread is full of epic failure, rounding off bolts from hitting too hard, removing a strut to sort a TRE. lol

You are special mate!

What? This is for the driveshaft.....

I haven't rounded any bolts.

And the TRE has already been done.

Try reading the thread next time. Wink
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Anyway, taken the whole strut off now and been whacking it on the floor for ages....still nothing...but now I've been whacking everything so hard I've 'squared' the pinch bolt hole so that isnt going back in lol. But the shaft still hasn't moved!!

Sorry, no fail at all.

And i apologise again, i read a title and the first page about your TRE being a bitch, and now the thread is on something else, sorry, i assumed the thread would stay on the topic of the title :|
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Anyway, taken the whole strut off now and been whacking it on the floor for ages....still nothing...but now I've been whacking everything so hard I've 'squared' the pinch bolt hole so that isnt going back in lol. But the shaft still hasn't moved!!

Sorry, no fail at all.

And i apologise again, i read a title and the first page about your TRE being a bitch, and now the thread is on something else, sorry, i assumed the thread would stay on the topic of the title :|

I didnt say no fail at all....the fails you pointed out were fails on your part.

Why start another thread when this one's still useable?
Thanks given by:
Just thought I'd let you know I finally got this back together lol. Big Grin

Ended up getting a vtr hub from a guy on 106oc and swapping my shock, spring and brake onto it.

All fixed, just got tracking done at ATS, and no more odd knocks round corners. Smile
Thanks given by:
Does the vtr hub make it as fast as the golf?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Does the vtr hub make it as fast as the golf?

No Jonny, only half as fast, you need both of them for the full effect lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Does this mean he will just light up the one wheel then?

Lol
Thanks given by:
lol

Was a massive disc on the VTR hub...shame I couldn't use it s the ones on the NAD are like 2mm thick. :? No wonder it doesn't stop. lol

And no its not quick at all....cant even wheel spin it in torrential rain. Sad
Thanks given by:
Really? I could spin mine up whenever I wanted... Maybe you just cant drive Wink lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:Really? I could spin mine up whenever I wanted... Maybe you just cant drive Wink lol

Its been used to tow big boats...the clutch slip before the wheels. Tongue
Thanks given by:
ah I see, get a new clutch in there and that'll sort it Wink
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:ah I see, get a new clutch in there and that'll sort it Wink

Err, no. This cars getting nothing but diesel now! Tongue
Thanks given by:
If it's got a Bosch you can run it on veg, did it with mine.
Thanks given by:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:If it's got a Bosch you can run it on veg, did it with mine.

It's a lucas I think.....the primer says Lucas on it anyway. :?
Thanks given by:
Ah, i miss my nad...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Tom how can one person fail so much?

Your a trainee mechanic? You blow the turbo on your apparently bullet proof, best thing since sliced bread golf so instead of repairing it, you spend the money on another car? - fail

You then clearly don't test drive the new and quite pointless car? - fail

You then decide to spend out more money on repairing said second broken car? - fail

You then can't repair that properly for several days, spend far too much money and drop it on the drive? - fail

(also as a side note, who uses axle stands on a gravel driveway? - fail)

Now if we look back, you started with a problem that is relatively easy to fix, and you waste several hundred pounds on doing exactly the opposite and buying another broken car and wasting more time and money on repairing the new broken car whilst the original broken car sits there to rust away which these 'miles better than a Peugeot' golfs do. - fail

I give that 6 out of 6 fails tom. Epic fail!

Still, made my week Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:If it's got a Bosch you can run it on veg, did it with mine.

It's a lucas I think.....the primer says Lucas on it anyway. :?

Have a look on 106owners, there used to be a thread that had pics to tell the difference. Sub £1 a litre fuel ftw!
Thanks given by:
Niall have you looked for a 150 tdi turbo? It's f*cking impossible! And the 130 one clearly can't take the map. There are also other reasons for buying a stop gap which I won't go on to on here.

Nno I didn't test drive it...it cost 400 with nearly a years t and t and I was panicking as I desperately needed a car so got this at the last minute.

As for the other fails, I genuinely want to know why I fail so much....I'm sure no one else fails as much as I do! Confusedhock:

Oh and where else can I work? It's either a gravel driveway or grass!

Trying to get someone with trade plates to get the golf to my nans flat drive though for the bigger stuff....its not just the turbo that's f*cked.
Thanks given by:
In the street? That's where I have to do mine, either outside my house on the hill or on the flat outside my mates house.
Thanks given by:
I live on a blind corner with cars parked upto the corner, can't use the road. Plus the golfs not insured so that definitely can't go on the road. Sad

Only flat solid place is nans drive......but she wouldn't be happy with dirt on the drive let alone oil or grease. I am gonna try and get the golf there though.
Thanks given by:
Buy a feckin push bike Tom Iam sure even you cant break that!! Just don't get one with gears as they can be a bit complicated, maybe a trike like my sons
[Image: 5ac8071e-d4d0-1866.jpg]

And he can drift it, thought these golfs were über reliable as well as more powerfully than anything on the planet, can lend you trike for a bit if needs be? It's cheap to run too
Thanks given by:
I broke my bike! lol intact two of them.....pedal is too much effort though.

Not sure where you got that from cos I've never said its over reliable or quicker than anything? Tbf though, its only broken cos of what I've done to it.....it wasn't built to take 180bhp plus at 130k miles lol.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:I broke my bike! lol intact two of them.....pedal is too much effort though.

Not sure where you got that from cos I've never said its over reliable or quicker than anything? Tbf though, its only broken cos of what I've done to it.....it wasn't built to take 180bhp plus at 130k miles lol.

My 306 wasn't built to have 30+ psi and whatever power its making through it and its done just shy of 180k.............your point is Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Well the point there is you fitted the bigger turbo before the power increase lol....I'm just impatient.

Also you have no dmf to break...lucky git. Tongue
Thanks given by:
tom306= legend !!!

beg/borrow/steal or even buy a couple of paving stones to use for your jack and stands. they wont destroy your nans path so there wont be any grief. they will also stop your jack sinking as you jack the car up and you can leave axle stands under car so it wont sink into the gravel.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ball joint/ Hub to strut pinch bolts Uberderv 7 2,406 04-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  fitting a front suspension ball joint impotentials 3 2,018 29-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Bottom ball joint sizes Xsikid 4 1,637 04-05-2016, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Paul_13