306 GTI-6 forsale- Opinions please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 GTI-6 forsale- Opinions please
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3861676.htm
Just found this 306 local to me, and I've been looking for a decent one for my sister. Seems nice but what do you lot reckon on the price as the MOT and Tax isn't that long?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I know its got relatively low miles but 1900 is a bit steep!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks nice that does seems abit pricey tho and i want them morettes same colour as my car Smile

Thanks given by:
Yeah the price isn't right! Seems a nice bloke so i'm sure I can negotiate with him.

I'm thinking more along the lines of £1500
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:Yeah the price isn't right! Seems a nice bloke so i'm sure I can negotiate with him.

I'm thinking more along the lines of £1500
Yeah Max I wouldn't go any higher than that. Its a buyers market
Thanks given by:
Buy curts? Wink he's only down the road from you
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
No MOT and Tax. If it had we woulda bought it.

Those Morrettes need painting black if we get it!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
offer £1300 Smile and sell morrettes to me Smile

Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:No MOT and Tax. If it had we woulda bought it.

Those Morrettes need painting black if we get it!

Should slide through an not Smile

Although I'm currently saving for it ninja unless it sells, then a veggie tractor is on the cards
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
He said 1750 is the lowest he's go
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
have u been a looked at the car? show him £1500 cash if thats what you are happy with Smile

Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:He said 1750 is the lowest he's go
I think there are better cars out there for that much
Thanks given by:
We've been looking and can't find anything in our area that's a GTI-6 that's as tidy and low miles as this though
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
[Image: 290697455376?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item..._781wt_984]

The only other decent one is this one. He said he will go down to £1600 and MOT till next year.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
If it helps, my 6 is on 83k, tax til May and MOT til Dec, and I got her for £1300. I knocked him down as there were a couple of advisories on the MOT, the suspension is knocking and the fans don't appear to work.

It does seem steep, but then everyone puts the car up for higher knowing that they will be knocked down. Really, you need to take a look at the car and see what condition it's in. The interior and exterior do look good though.

I'd be taking a look at the MOTs and seeing if there's any advisories. If there are, as you'll have to fork out you can knock him down on that. Also, if there has been any work carried out on the car previously that means it has upgraded parts.

Obviously the car is quite low mileage, so check to see if it's been sat in a garage for a period of time- can cause problems with the engines.

I'd also take someone along with you to check the exhaust and other bits, a mechanic if you can, but I'm sure there'll be some members on here willing to help Smile
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't be afraid to travel! You have a nice economical derv. Ive traveled to dartford, central London for 2 of my cars
Thanks given by:
It's swings and roundabouts really. I'd say pay that price if it had tax and an MOT... If it'll fly through, it'll only cost him, what, £60....
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well luckily i'm a Level 2 qualified mechanic so i'll be able to find any issues with it.
My sisters happy to pay that for it as she was given a decent some for a new car from here work so she's not really missing out on much.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
strictly_derv Wrote:Well luckily i'm a Level 2 qualified mechanic so i'll be able to find any issues with it.
My sisters happy to pay that for it as she was given a decent some for a new car from here work so she's not really missing out on much.

I don't wanna sound like a c*nt but please take someone who knows a lot about whatever car you're looking at, they know obvious and common problems and can haggle with fact and costings...might save you some bucks as well? I'm not doubting your knowledge just your experience on 306's, unless you work for pug and I apologise Smile

For 1500 with 12 months tickets, I'd have to be amazed to pay that
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by: