SRowells Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Black Rallye
Sams was unstable. Trust me I went out with him lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 10:02 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Sams was unstable. Trust me I went out with him lol

The eurofighter is an unstable aircraft and thats what makes it a great fighter. Same thing here.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 10:02 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Sams was unstable. Trust me I went out with him lol

Yeah got the video of him drifting the chicane lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 10:12 AM)7057sam Wrote:

Yeah got the video of him drifting the chicane lol

like a baws
Thanks given by:
Cars looking good. Super shiney! The more I look at it the more the yellow wheels grow on my though!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 09:44 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(22-07-2015, 09:10 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Stripped out, itbs, decent suspension and good tyres vs a stock mg with kangs Wink

hardly stripped out... spare tyre removed and half the rear bench, coilovers that are set to max on the back, uniroyal rainsports with soft side walls. Hardly set up properly i feel! It did however make it to the track...

Are we talking FCS? Cause I wooped you then Wink 
I was more on about bluey which did loose out but that was fully loaded with budget tyres and hilariously bad suspension

Anyway....meet me on the track bro
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Forge action day show down Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Nothing much has been happening since Ive clayed and cleaned the car. Really want to get a unit or somewhere else to work and have a big week of transfering everything from one car to the other.

Overall I want the car to be good on track and bearable on the road. I think this is going to involve stripping in the same way as the 1.8. Remove the rear plastics etc and remove the front sound deadening but keep the front carpet. It all has to come out for the welding to be done on the bulkhead.

Got a list of things below that will undoubtedly get longer.

Stage 1 - Getting the 6 on the road.

Fit new Nissens Rad
Fit reburbished Stef Beam
Fit AVO Coilovers and rear shocks
Replace Handbrake Cables
Locate the cast bung that has popped and refit
Brake discs and pads
Full Service
Exhaust resealed
MOT 
Cambelt Swap & Alloy Bottom pulley.

Stage 2 - Swapping bits from the 1.8

Strip Rear
Replacement black bonnet with decals
Replacement Rallye Decals
Spray and fit scuttle panel
Spray wiper arms
respray cyclones silver and fit ps3s
Cut turret tops and fit baker BM solid top mounts
Fit Baker BM Group N engine mounts
Fit upper and lower strut braces
Paint cam covers
Clean and tidy engine bay
Pressed Plates
xsara washer jets
Wideband 
OMEX Loom rewired
OMEX ECU mounted in top glove box
OMEX Remap
relocate PAS
Fit throttlebodies
Lightened Fly Wheel
Bulkhead welded and check under skirts.
Fit seam welded subframe
Replace exhaust
Fit Bucket Seats
Fit 3 Point Harnesses
Fit Steering Wheel & Boss

Additional Wants

carbon door cards
carbon mirror caps
carbon fuel strips
carbon bonnet
Phase 3 boot lid and Spoiler
oil cooler
Cage
XSARA 2,4 Rack
Resprayed door
Lexan windows
Snap Off steering wheel adapter
Thanks given by:
Let me know when you want rid of any of the old interior.....
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Again nothing has been happening as my gran has had to move out to a care home and I have started a new job based in nottingham so I am no longer free in the evenings and my weekends are full for the next month or so. Might end up just dropping it off somewhere and paying for the work to be done as time is more in demand right now.

Oil cooler arrived. Won it for £130 on ebay. Its been opened but never fitted. £130 is the cost of a new kit but this one has a thermostatic adapter plate which usually bring shte new price up to £150 so im going to count £20 saved there...

[Image: IMG_20150903_192926_zpshysmhflf.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150903_193207_zps93f2gtxr.jpg]

Also been taking a few photos of the rallye decals. The stripe decals seem to be okay but the words have faded and chipped. Bonnet stripes are non standard so ill buy a new sticker for that when i find a replacement bonnet.

[Image: IMG_20150816_133307_zpsyiqkzcjt.jpg]

Also on ebay missed out on some perspex windows that went for £124 when i bid £120. New scorpion exhaust didnt meet reserve.
Thanks given by:
I'll have a pair of perspex rear side windows for sale soon Smile want me to fire some pics over when i dig them out?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
If you want me to do any of the easier stuff (obv not welding chassis holes Tongue ) just let me know, I obviously have plenty of spare time atm. Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 09:21 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: I'll have a pair of perspex rear side windows for sale soon Smile want me to fire some pics over when i dig them out?

Yeh that would be great. the rears look easy enough to do. I think sides in perspex dont look bad but boot lid looks shocking.

(04-09-2015, 12:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If you want me to do any of the easier stuff (obv not welding chassis holes Tongue ) just let me know, I obviously have plenty of spare time atm. Smile

If you want to do some bits mate im happy to give you some money for it. The rear beam is in one of my stables. Maybe if I put that in the garage you could crack on with that? Although its easier with two people.... Finding the core plug thats come out could be fun if you fancy having a look? Bonnet is already popped so have a look whenever you fancy. Front of it is under the car port too and the boot lid is open for storing things in etc.
Thanks given by:
More pics please?

Not a single one on the thread is working?
Thanks given by:
Pics are working for me...

Yeah I'll do anything, I don't want anything for it, just bored of sitting on my ass. lol I guess finding the core plug is probably the first thing!
Thanks given by:
Rikky (306gti6.com) sells new decals if needed. Car is gonna be awesome! Look forward to seeing it on track Big Grin
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Ok so pics working fine now, looking good!
Thanks given by:
rust on the bulkhead you say any pics of the area?
i hope its not as bad as the six i have just broken as that had rather large holes in the bulkhead

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(04-09-2015, 05:51 PM)cully Wrote: rust on the bulkhead you say any pics of the area?
i hope its not as bad as the six i have just broken as that had rather large holes in the bulkhead

Even if they are massive which so far I havent found I wouldnt scrap it because im not a class A bell who scraps black Rallyes.
Thanks given by:
Just realised that the boot lid has the phase 2 seal around the window and the phase 2 spoiler but then doesnt have the phase 2 lip on the bottom. Phase 2.5 or is this standard on the rallye?
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2015, 04:56 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Just realised that the boot lid has the phase 2 seal around the window and the phase 2 spoiler but then doesnt have the phase 2 lip on the bottom. Phase 2.5 or is this standard on the rallye?

Same bootlid as mine, I think it could be a 2.5 thing
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2015, 04:56 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Just realised that the boot lid has the phase 2 seal around the window and the phase 2 spoiler but then doesnt have the phase 2 lip on the bottom. Phase 2.5 or is this standard on the rallye?

Or it has been smoothed at some point?
Thanks given by:
Standard rallye thing dude same as mine Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Rallyes were crossover PBS's anyway. lol

On a serious note, I had a quick look at this yesterday while over that way. Does anyone have a reasonable way of checking which core plug has failed? I'd forgotten just how much the manifolds obscure the view on these lol! There's dry coolant all over the top of the gearbox and doesn't appear to be any round the front, but I didn't have a jack or anything to look under.
Thanks given by:
connect a hose pipe up to the coolant system and pressurise it you will soon see where it springs a leak

there are core plugs in the head where the coil packs are too, may coolant has run out the v in the head channel

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Hmm, I hadn't thought of checking under the coil pack cover, that sounds like a good start tbh.

Problem with just pressurising it is if its a rear plug, I just can't see round there, and I don't want to lay under a coolant leak to find it ideally. lol
Thanks given by:
if the bulk head is rotted the engine will have to come out to do the weld repair properly
so get busy with the spanners Tom Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Lol, I don't know what's happening with the welding, it's not 'that' bad tbf, bit of gaffa tape would stop fingers going through it and I don't think its an MOT issue there. lol

I don't mind pulling the engine but with Sam's neighbour we probably won't be able to do it there...waiting for Sam to get a unit before any major work ideally. Confused
Thanks given by:
Job based in notts? If you've got the Rallye up that way we should do a mini Rallye meet!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Job is in notts but im only there in the hilton a few nights a week. Rallye was trailer to my grans where its sat ever since apart from a clean. Ive bought all the servicing parts for it and theyre all inside it but havent had time to actually make a start hunting down this core plug. Gran has also moved into a home so we are emptying the house and thats probably going to go in the next year so looks like I wont have space for cars and car parts. Itll either end up on my drive at home or ill take it to Carl Chambers to do the work.

The bulkhead rot is probably about 4cm at most along the crossbeam. It can be welded with the engine in place but the interior carpet needs to come out. Might as well replace the heater matrix at the same time. I want to take the engine out and paint the bay anyway.

Still not decided on whether to keep interior standard, partial strip and cage or a full strip and cage. At the end of the day its always going to be a Rallye and with bodies and standalone ecu its never going to be the factory fresh classic so i might as well strip and cage it which was my original plan.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,760 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,718 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600 Eeyore 1,246 366,686 26-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: procta