SRowells Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Black Rallye
Lovely and clean.......I'd that some Dodojuice Born Slipy clay lube I spy??!

Just needs a good machine polish now!!

Oh, and those wheels, sorry dude but not a fan at all... .they gotta go! Would look spanking on a set of silver cyclones
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 09:13 AM)Ben_w Wrote: Lovely and clean.......Just needs a good machine polish now!!

Oh, and those wheels, sorry dude but not a fan at all... .they gotta go!

They came with it! Shame to paint over them as they are properly powder coated! I want silver cyclones or maybe some direct fit 1.2s.
Thanks given by:
Haterz gonna hate, I like the yellow wheels for track! Obviously wants a more subtle set for road though lol.
Thanks given by:
Oh, and its still running ditchfinders on the rear???? Brave, brave man!!! They likely to be pretty old by now.....
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 09:17 AM)Ben_w Wrote: Oh, and its still running ditchfinders on the rear???? Brave, brave man!!! They likely to be pretty old by now.....

It is and the fronts are the wrong profile. Bearing in mind all ive done is bought it and put it on a trailer and put it on a driveway, I havent done anything to it apart from cleaning it! Its got a brand new set of pilot sport 3s to go on!
Thanks given by:
Good man. PS3's are the daddy. Mine will be getting a set of those. I'll probably be looking to swap my grey wheels for a set of silver ones. Been done very, very well, just not std so they are coming off!
Thanks given by:
Just bought a new nissens rad for £70.14. Should be here in two days and then I can crack on and replace that. There are two different lower pipe connector styles so if I am unlucky it can be replaced with a 2.0 xsi lower pipe which should be easy enough to find.

Decided to go standard rather than get a shorter one just for ease of fitment and getting this on the road a bit quicker. I havent got anywhere to make up custom mounts etc and I want to retain the standard pipework and possibly replace with spoox stuff in the future.

http://www.pugaddicts.co.uk/2012/11/peug...tting.html

and just got an email saying its going to be a weeks wait because they are waiting on their supplier in holland...
Thanks given by:
So first things first... All of these boxes turned up! Which were all of my bits from ECP.

[Image: IMG_20150721_174550_zpsjyebqrvt.jpg]

and then the rest of the evening was a bit of an eye opener if you know what i mean...

[Image: IMG_20150721_190157_zps8hdy50gz.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150721_190732_zpsdowst3eb.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150721_190743_zpshjzd78eo.jpg]

and an interior one as I havent posted one yet. Cant believe they fitted such a pov spec steering wheel on these!

[Image: IMG_20150721_190218_zps5q7jtefo.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Leathers too slippery for sweaty rallying!! Wink
Thanks given by:
Why was it an eye opener?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
You want to get Royal steering wheels to recover it in black Alcantara, add in some thumb grips and stitch it in the rallye colours Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That sounds epic. I don't care mines an estate I want that on mine!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 08:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Leathers too slippery for sweaty rallying!!  Wink

and far too heavy! #rallyelife
Thanks given by:
i like that black shinny is nice Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 08:29 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Why was it an eye opener?

because the eye lid bits came off the crystals!
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 08:33 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(21-07-2015, 08:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Leathers too slippery for sweaty rallying!!  Wink

and far too heavy! #rallyelife

#becauserallyecar

(21-07-2015, 08:36 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(21-07-2015, 08:29 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Why was it an eye opener?

because the eye lid bits came off the crystals!

I didn't notice that either. Confused
Thanks given by:
with these been a stripped down version of the GTI6, were these really any quicker?
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 09:16 PM)procta Wrote: with these been a stripped down version of the GTI6, were these really any quicker?

Less weight so yes. But... I don't know exactly how much lighter... I've heard 50 but then I've also heard 16kg... So... Ruined if you are carrying a passenger etc.
Thanks given by:
16kg seems to be the number that comes up in all the press release stuff which i think is more accurate. They haven't lost 50kg just from shedding a little leather and 2 door motors.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Matt put his rallye on the weighbridge at his work for a true measurement iirc, can't remember what it was.

I need to put my 6 on sometime to see how close it is now
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 09:31 PM)Niall Wrote: 16kg seems to be the number that comes up in all the press release stuff which i think is more accurate. They haven't lost 50kg just from shedding a little leather and 2 door motors.

I was going to say, they cannot really have 50kg just from losing the extras.
Thanks given by:
Good going dude! Wheel colour is interesting but at least it stands out Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah but Matts rallye is on its own weight loss program!

I LOVE those wheels dood! Love love love!!!

Looking good! I need a new claybar...where you get yours? I love doing mine with it...you think you got it clean...then claybar it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is it really only 16kg? That's not much more than a spare wheel! Pretty sure the Halfords tool cases weigh more than that? lol
Thanks given by:
lol 16kg lol would rather have electric windows and a/c ..oh wait I do and i'm still lighter than a rallye
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2015, 09:31 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Matt put his rallye on the weighbridge at his work for a true  measurement iirc, can't remember what it was.

I need to put my 6 on sometime to see how close it is now

Your 6 might be abit low to get on the weighbridge lol my rallye was considerably lighter than my HDi which i did at the same time though.

(22-07-2015, 06:55 AM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah but Matts rallye is on its own weight loss program!

I LOVE those wheels dood! Love love love!!!

Looking good! I need a new claybar...where you get yours? I love doing mine with it...you think you got it clean...then claybar it!

Go sit on a cactus lol

Rust is lighter than carbon fibre y0!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 07:29 AM)lolsteve Wrote: lol 16kg lol would rather have electric windows and a/c ..oh wait I do and i'm still lighter than a rallye

Not faster though is it... I seem to remember not so long ago you were having troubles keeping up with a 1.8?
Thanks given by:
Stripped out, itbs, decent suspension and good tyres vs a stock mg with kangs Wink
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
DECENT suspension???

Did you not see his rear beam, I thought it was guna fall off when i was following him!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2015, 09:10 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Stripped out, itbs, decent suspension and good tyres vs a stock mg with kangs Wink

hardly stripped out... spare tyre removed and half the rear bench, coilovers that are set to max on the back, uniroyal rainsports with soft side walls. Hardly set up properly i feel! It did however make it to the track...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,760 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,718 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600 Eeyore 1,246 366,683 26-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: procta