SRowells Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Black Rallye
Is that as the main or second car and with any NCB. I'm not much older than you and only paying £270 to do 9000 miles.
Thanks given by:
I think I paid £276 fully comp with the mods declared (lowered 40mm and stainless exhaust). That was with greenlight
Thanks given by:
i pay £300 a year on the 205 with all mods declared agreed valuation of £6k and limited to 6000miles with greenlight.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
looks a good base for your reshell sam, are you looking at rebuilding the 2ltre engine? once you have had your fun with the 1.8?
Thanks given by:
So seeing as the 2.0 engine seems to work and has a new belt and head gasket I should really use that. Ill swap over all the goodies and it should be good to go. Should have a really well specced rallye at very little cost.

Ive got insurance on the 1.8 for £480 3rd party which includes driving any car fully comp. Super happy with that and there is only the admin charge to swap to the rallye! Super happy with flux for that.

This should be an epic car. People at combe kept saying how they liked hte 1.8 because it was different and unique... im going to lose that... but this is going to be a proper car. Only thing better than a bodied black rallye? maybe a dimma? going to be a while before that happens. Remember I'm only 22 as well. Feel ive done pretty well to get to this stage.
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
Only just had the time to sit down and read this.

only thing i can think of thats better is to have a black rallye AND a cossack S16 Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hopefully I can give this a bit of a wash this evening! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Nothing has really happened with this. It seems like in the past few months there have been a decent amount of posts on car sites about how these are a up and coming classic. This makes me feel that I dont want to butcher it too much... then another part of me wants to track it properly. I think my plan so far is to cage it, put in the buckets and harnesses, leave in the front carpet and dash etc but strip the rear. So pretty much what I did to the 1.8 but with a cage. Its not impossible to put back to standard then.

Engine wise its going to get the bodies, lightened fly, and omex from the 1.8. Aiming to make it super tidy and cpresentable under the bonnet.

First jobs are to get it cleaned and replace the hand brake cables. Then onto replacing the brakes, fixing the engine. Once thats done Ill get the rust and cage fitted. Then itll be crunch time for the 1.8 and the buckets and bodies will be fitted.
Thanks given by:
To be honest. I wouldn't molest it, there are hundreds of GTi6s ripe for molestation. Put your mods on it, and mod it for performance first - then decide if you want to all out track it.

I have a track Rallye, yes, but it's not a place you want to be for 200 miles really - it's bumpy, not exactly quiet, has no radio etc. It also entered my hands caged up as a Cat D repair.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 03:30 PM)C2K Wrote: To be honest. I wouldn't molest it, there are hundreds of GTi6s ripe for molestation. Put your mods on it, and mod it for performance first - then decide if you want to all out track it.

I have a track Rallye, yes, but it's not a place you want to be for 200 miles really - it's bumpy, not exactly quiet, has no radio etc. It also entered my hands caged up as a Cat D repair.

Thing with this is it needs a bit of welding on the bulkhead, its got various blemishes and dents all over it. Its never going to mint and itd be cheaper to make it a track car than to do a full on restoration. I think somewhere in the middle would be nice.
Thanks given by:
check behind the skirts before you do anything! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nah leave them on, ignorance is bliss. Wink

About time something happened with this tbh, let me know if you want a hand at any point. Smile
Thanks given by:
Completely standard is where is going to be with the Rallyes in the not too distant future I believe......
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Just do what I did with mine Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2015, 04:41 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Completely standard is where is going to be with the Rallyes in the not too distant future I believe......

that's true, as that's happened with my car, most now don't get modded, they are well left a lone now and bought up as a classic. 

Thanks given by:
This looks awesome! Needs some more up to date pictures! And needs more progress Wink

Also if you do strip, I'll give you a good price on the interior
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Still fail to see why these should be a classic as they're just a pov spec gti6 but if it's the way things are going I'd leave the cage out for now at least. No harm in tidying up the body if it's value will increase.
If you do a decent clean install of the TBs then it might add value if you have the barry bodge job thats on the 1.8 then it'll cost you when you try and sell it going "nah dont worry about the wiring my mate dave did it and he's got a GCSE in science so its legit yeah?"
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 07:26 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Still fail to see why these should be a classic as they're just a pov spec gti6 but if it's the way things are going I'd leave the cage out for now at least. No harm in tidying up the body if it's value will increase.
If you do a decent clean install of the TBs then it might add value if you have the barry bodge job thats on the 1.8 then it'll cost you when you try and sell it going "nah dont worry about the wiring my mate dave did it and he's got a GCSE in science so its legit yeah?"

actually I did it and Ive got a levels in physics so its bare safe bruh.
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
(13-07-2015, 04:07 PM)Piggy Wrote: check behind the skirts before you do anything! lol

For once, listen to piggy, i cannot stress this enough Sad

(13-07-2015, 04:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Nah leave them on, ignorance is bliss. Wink

About time something happened with this tbh, let me know if you want a hand at any point. Smile

DO NOT listen to tom or let him near it or next thing it'll be on his mums drive being broken and weighed in lol

(13-07-2015, 04:41 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Completely standard is where is going to be with the Rallyes in the not too distant future I believe......

This guy knows the score.

Personally my rallye is way too past it, only reason im welding it up and returning it too the road is sentimental value. Its always going to be the dog rough high mileage (& high bhp output Wink ) rallye that its been throughout my ownership! thats what gives it its character Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2015, 07:26 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Still fail to see why these should be a classic as they're just a pov spec gti6

That can be said about your rover, its just a Rover 200 with MG badges and a few odd extras on.
But as soon as they hit 20 years old, they hit classic status, and be come more sort after, and that goes for all 306s.

Thanks given by:
Don't sit on the fence, that will just guarantee that you don't get what you want from it and still ruin it's resale value. Bear in mind people are willing to rescue classics, a couple of bits of rust and some parking dents don't mean anything to that sort of nutter. Whatever you're doing, stop mincing and get on with it already. Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well today I planned to clean this but the landrover and saab were cleaned instead. I have however put a big order in to ECP which is all the general service bits i need to get the rallye sweet! Got a 15% off code too so ECP ended up being the cheapest for everything.

Crosland Fuel Filter - £4.28
Mann Oil Filter - £4.08
NGK Spark Plugs - £9.84
Mobile Super 3000 X1 5w40 5Ltr - £30.88
Pagid Rear Brake Pads - £15.54
Handbrake Cables - £10.33 and £10.84
Clutch Cable - £25.14
Bosch S3 027 Battery - £63.60

and then 15% off all of those prices saved me £26.18. Free super saver delivery so should turn up next week.
Thanks given by:
Whyyyyyy did you buy a Bosch battery!?!?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
And pagid pads !
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 09:17 PM)7057sam Wrote: And pagid pads !

Nah fair play Pagid pads are very good. Obviously if you're doing track work you may want something a bit better but for road use, nothing wrong with Pagid at all!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2015, 09:19 PM)Niall Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 09:17 PM)7057sam Wrote: And pagid pads !

Nah fair play Pagid pads are RUBBISH. Obviously if you're doing track work you may want something a bit better but for road use, nothing wrong with Pagid at all!

Helped you out there sir! they are made from cheese from my experience!
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Never had a problem with Pagid Pads especially on the rear where there arent many options. Bosch battery... wasnt much choice. The S5 I had was terrible so didnt want that again so got the s3 where one of the selling points was the word "reliability". Also... its black... so... matches the rallye lol
Thanks given by:
Clay bar kit and battery terminals arrived today. Last night I also bought a floor work mat, oil pan tray. and new aero wipers.
Thanks given by:
I had a crosland fuel filter on the hdi once when running bio. the FRP got blocked shortly after so....
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2015, 08:36 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I had a crosland fuel filter on the hdi once when running bio. the FRP got blocked shortly after so....

havent had a problem with them in the past on the pervs. It was actually the only brand ecp had!

First time I have ever used the clay bar and I have to say if feels nice and smooth after using it. A worthwhile investment but jesus is it a ballache to do the whole car. Anyway its looking a lot cleaner now. I need to replace the bonnet and rear bumper. There are a few small dents in places and looks like a few have been pulled in places. Little bits of lacquer lifting around the skirts but apart from that its pretty decent and straight!

[Image: IMG_20150720_195807_zpslrdhchww.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150720_200438_zpsnyyzhzfi.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150720_195835_zpsmm9fpobw.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150720_195816_zpsn4ujacc5.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150720_195847_zpscvkczfgi.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150720_195900_zpsjpo524k6.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150720_195918_zpsbwwhebbj.jpg]

Shiny shiny! What a difference using a good microfibre makes!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,794 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,720 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600 Eeyore 1,246 366,733 26-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: procta