SRowells Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Black Rallye
(07-03-2017, 08:51 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Awesome sauce!

Now get those sodding sideskirts off and check for rustiness

No point avoiding it. If you want to keep it,  get it welded.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Jesus guys I've literally just fixed the running issue and got it through its mot. One thing at a time!
Thanks given by:
Small bit of work today in and amongst working on other things. Since buying the car the drivers mirror had been smashed with a temporary one stuck over the top. This looked balls. I got a spare mirror unit off bash but it had a different fitting type. Fitted that for the MOT but now finally got round to removing the smashed glass from the plastic bezel and fitting a new aftermarket mirror to it. Not a great shape but its pretty much there and mentally I feel better knowing its the right mirror unit and its fixed.

The two types... The bottom is the rallye one.

[Image: IMG_20170331_155451_zpsmwngieym.jpg]

And the back of the mirror bezels... the top one this time...

[Image: IMG_20170331_155457_zpsvmglwcn4.jpg]

and now its all fitted to the car Smile

[Image: IMG_20170331_160539_zpsrdvv9lwr.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20170331_160542_zpsr8areeoc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How you finding it with all the new shocks?
Thanks given by:
It feels fantastic! So much confidence in it now. Its a dream to drive. One of the best things for a 306 I reckon!
Thanks given by:
Lovely loooking car Sam, Jenveys look such win!
Do you have the standard GTI rear axle or a VTS/Hybrid one?
Thanks given by:
Its a standard gti6 beam. Its got 205 bilstein shocks on it which are thicker and better suited to larger torsion bars. Decided to get those in case I upgrade in the future.
Thanks given by: MY95
(02-04-2017, 06:49 AM)Eeyore Wrote: It feels fantastic! So much confidence in it now. Its a dream to drive. One of the best things for a 306 I reckon!

Ideal, need to get round to fitting mine soon when i have some spare time.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2017, 07:33 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Its a standard gti6 beam. Its got 205 bilstein shocks on it which are thicker and better suited to larger torsion bars. Decided to get those in case I upgrade in the  future.

Nice one, what tbs/arb are you buying?
Thanks given by:
Haven't got plans to buy any at the moment. After a wet and Spinny track session at snetterton I feel I need to get to grips with the car more. It was very wet but still lots to learn before spending more money. I'm really happy with it as it is!

The one thing I am currently doing is refurbishing a set of cyclones in their original silver.
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2017, 12:49 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Haven't got plans to buy any at the moment. After a wet and Spinny track session at snetterton I feel I need to get to grips with the car more. It was very wet but still lots to learn before spending more money. I'm really happy with it as it is!

The one thing I am currently doing is refurbishing a set of cyclones in their original silver.

Maybe not worth a buy then if your going to be using it in all weathers on the road and on track? To be honest, like yourself, im finding that Bilsteins/Eibach and the standard GTI rear beam with solid mounts is a lot of fun! Going any stiffer will be even less comfortable as a daily and a bit more dangerous on the road on a roundabout haha. Nice one! That's one thing I wouldn't mind doing either. Looking forward to seeing the car at Pugfest/FCS, will have to come over and have a chat with you too Smile
Thanks given by:
I went from D2s to B8s/eibachs and the difference was night and day. I can't see why anyone would go for D2s unless you just want lows. It was more comfortable and so much more grip with the B8s
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Not much been going on with this recently. It made a trip to Spring Action day at castle combe where I bought track time even though I said I wouldnt. Dad came along so I wanted to get him out on track for the first time. Just 15 minutes!

I had quarter of a tank which was more than enough for the 15 mins however as soon as I pulled out of the pits and onto the track power was down. Every right hander which is most of the track being clockwise and all the fuel was sloshing to the left of the tank and wasnt being picked up by the pump. Left handers and straights were no problem and the power and grip from the ns2rs in the dry was great.

In the end I had to let a standard gti6 past as it was much faster in the right corners but I was right up its chuff making up the ground on the straights and the two lefts!

Came back into the pits at the end of the session popping and banging to please the crowd.

It was a great day out although there is a new knocking noise from the suspension which I reckon is the drivers side droplink as it knocks over bumps. Will check that out soon.

[Image: IMG_20170408_122956_zpsawfhqbuy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
awesome such a shame i couldnt come to this wouldve been a good day really. I promise ill have something to race you with at some point in the futre
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Insured for another year... £740 with flux. Modified insurance policy so amazingly adding the bucket seats and cage made no difference. What did bump it up from the renewal of 590 was moving to fully comp. The car is valued at 2500 and in the event of claim thats for the car itself minus the mods which are paid out in addition to the 2500. Excess has gone from 300 to 400. Still includes my fully comp driving other cars. FC also includes windscreen cover.
Thanks given by:
Ok here we go with some pre FCS plans...

Fit baker bm top engine mount
Fit OEM lower engine mount
Fit lightened fly wheel
Fit limited slip differential
Bigger injectors and remap to suit
Clean it and put the cover on!

Hopefully I can get workshop time at chambers and the mappers. Want to get it all done pre FCS. I wont be at pugfest so there is a bit of leeway there!
Thanks given by:
why bigger injectors? yours are big enough?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
bigger is better innit , n/a petrols make peak power at AFR of about 9
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2017, 07:45 PM)lolsteve Wrote: n/a petrols make peak power at AFR of about 9

lmao sorry WHAT?! lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2017, 10:44 AM)welshpug Wrote: why bigger injectors?  yours are big enough?

i need to check what duration theyre running at but the mappers said the injectors were the current limit.

Diff is in the post so hopefully we will see that this week Smile
Thanks given by:
well you aren't running anywhere 240 bhp so youll be fine as long as you gave a 3 bar regulator.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(11-06-2017, 08:35 PM)Stef205 Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 07:45 PM)lolsteve Wrote: n/a petrols make peak power at AFR of about 9

lmao sorry WHAT?! lol

Don't worry I was only joking  Itwasntme
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
ok so its been a while since I updated the thread and photobucket being fubard means there wont be any pictures until i sit down and rebuild all my threads.

I serviced the car a month or so ago. Standard oil filter, oil, fuel filter, sparks. Oil filter is always a bit of a pain as the transfer plate starts to move first. I bought several shinies and bash fitted said shinies. Big thanks to him for doing it two weeks before FCS and at great rates as always.

First up was the lightened fly wheel which had been sitting around since the 1.8 was scrapped. That was fitted but a word of warning for people using them. They use hdi bolts not gti6 ones presumably because of the greater pitch. Lightened fly has made the gear changes a lot smoother and the revs pick up a little better. New crank oil seal went in whilst the fly was off.

Secondly new clutch went in at the same time which was a good move as upon removal one of the dampening springs had snapped. Thoughts were it had had some hard launches, possibly in its previous ownership as i dont remember doing any. Got the clutch from eurocarparts but with a big discount which brought it down to around £120 for the full kit. Replacement clutch fork, fork bushes, and driveshaft seals also went in at the same time.

Thirdly I got a quaife limited slip diff from a member on here for £500 posted. That was fitted along with new genuine pug oil and it pulls through the corners well. On track at FCS it pulled really well and was a pleasure to drive. Any issues with the bank stepping out is fixed by planting your foot to the floor and simply turning in the direction you want to go. Well worth it and possibly the best mod you can do!

Think thats all the tasty bits pre FCS. FCS came round. We had a good a stand after fighting a bit for a better location. Lots of us were on track. The rover vs rallye battle didnt really go anywhere but lots of good overtakes and the change of track to donnington was well received. Back stepped out a few times but easily fixed. Seemed to be happening more and more before finding oil over the back of the car and all over the engine bay. it was a massive clutch slip which finally brought us in as I dont want to get oil in the clutch and need it replacing again! Couldnt see where its coming from but right now I think its just the dipstick as there is no seal on there and it seems to be blowing out. Hopefully its not coming from anywhere else.

Post FCS I covered the engine in gunk degreasant and washed as much of the oil off as possible. Cover has gone back on the car and its sitting on the drive. Ive ordered 15L of shell helix 10w40 so have a supply now so ill do an oil change next weekend.

At FCS I sat in bates and stephens Corbeau club sport bucket seats. Bates are standard which are too narrow for human beings. Stephens were brand new XLs which were the right size and super comfy. Im bigger than I was but XL isnt my size. Im a bit fed up of the cobras as they are so hard and uncomfy and im wondering how seats that give me more support will help on track. Ive spoken to a forum member who works for corbeau and beaten the cheapest ebay offering of £420 down to £330 including the mounting plates, sliders and delivery! Bargain! They should arrive on Thursday and hopefully Ill fit them asap. Hopefully they will fit inside the roll cage bars.
Thanks given by:
You want some nice comfy 405 seats Tongue Wink
Thanks given by:
Mine a xl's exactly the same as steve's Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
and now the same as mine Tongue
Thanks given by:
Is that thread pitch you're referring to on the hdi vs gti flywheel bolts...? That doesn't make any sense to me, as the thread for the bolts is in the crank,not the fly... Think i'm missing something.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(05-08-2017, 06:41 AM)Poodle Wrote: Is that thread pitch you're referring to on the hdi vs gti flywheel bolts...? That doesn't make any sense to me, as the thread for the bolts is in the crank,not the fly... Think i'm missing something.

Its the clutch bolts, not the flywheels bolts. As in the ones that go into the new flywheel. They are diffrent. Which was annoying to say the least when i pulled it apart. But thankfully cully had already pre warned me and sam this may be the case. Just had to have a rumage through the spares i have laying about
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
the ttv flywheel uses m8x1.25 clutch bolts not m7 like standard.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
pressure plate securing bolts Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 19,795 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,720 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600 Eeyore 1,246 366,744 26-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: procta