Exhaust Design?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Design?
Hi all,

Finally looking at getting a nice mandrel bent system made up. Got a well reviewed place lined up.

Quick question really. What set-up of exhaust will not be too loud but will sound a bit deeper and louder?

Would you think I would need 2 or 1 resonator or free flowing silencer etc?

Thanks 

Jack
Thanks given by:
i have.. straight through from the manifold in stainless with a single powerflow backbox.. its quite reserved (sounds nice) until you open it up then it roars..

other option to the single backbox seems to be midbox and straight to tailpipe.,

and please dont say your "well reviewed place" is Longlife.. for the love of god (they will charge you 3 times the price)
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Okay that sounds good then Smile cheers for that.

And nahh its not. Place up in Manchester called Cybox. They sell loads of custom exhausts on eBay as kits but you can get full custom ones made there.
Thanks given by:
i was quoted about 250 for a FULL system cat back, from the local stainless exhaust place.. just for comparison
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Or if you didnt want to pay for stainless, can get a hoffman straight through mid pipe for £45 and a decat for £45 and keep a standard backbox. Just another cheaper option

I might go for the mid pipe in the future. Shame i just replaced mine for a standard section 6 months ago
Thanks given by:
I paid £180 for my 2.5" turbo back straight through stainless system and sounds lovely (to me anyway) few people on here can vouch for that Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-05-2015, 09:17 PM)Connor Wrote: I paid £180 for my 2.5" turbo back straight through stainless system and sounds lovely (to me anyway) few people on here can vouch for that Tongue

Oh we all know when Connor's turbo is on song.
Thanks given by:
I've just got a £50 3.5" back box from eBay, cut and welded a bit of pipe to fit it, and the hangers and it sounds mad, it can be a bit too loud at times but it loves a nice long tunnel!!
Thanks given by:
I can't be bothered to get one custom built. What do you reckon would be the cheapest possible way to remove the cat and get a nice free flowing back box?

I'm thinking take the cat off and cut and weld a straight bit of pipe through and then for the back box just get a cheap one off eBay and bolt it on haha?
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2015, 03:39 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: I can't be bothered to get one custom built. What do you reckon would be the cheapest possible way to remove the cat and get a nice free flowing back box?

I'm thinking take the cat off and cut and weld a straight bit of pipe through and then for the back box just get a cheap one off eBay and bolt it on haha?

Get a straight through mid pipe. Use mid silencer you've taken off to do the backbox conversion a few people have done
Thanks given by:
Have you still not sorted an exhaust yet?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Nope. Money has been all over the place atm lol. Just gonna get an eBay decat and get a cheap side exit made up at a place just round corner from me haha
Thanks given by:
I thought you were concerned about legality?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's fine haha.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflexes, 3rd attempt failed already, Another design now titch 64 13,086 11-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Last Post: phil clark