SOLD: 180mm clutch, Kevlar plate with uprated cover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOLD: 180mm clutch, Kevlar plate with uprated cover
180mm TU clutch for sale, it's a full face Kevlar plate with a slightly heavier cover, still sprung and the full Kevlar facing means it's a nice smooth engagement for road use, giving a nice bump in torque capacity - and heat capability - with the usual low wear rate that Kevlar plates offer.
 You can have the release bearing too if you require it, was fine on the car and it feels fine by hand, but they're so cheap these days I'd recommend just sticking a new one in anyway.

[Image: KevlarClutch180mmrear.jpg]

[Image: KevlarClutch180mmfront.jpg]

[Image: 180mmStage1PP.jpg]

Plate still has ~7mm of meat on it:

[Image: KevlarClutch180mmside.jpg]

These are ~£230 new now, but I'm not daft enough to expect anywhere close to even half that, given it's used, and there's not a massive market for TU parts on here, so I'll say £60 just to have a price up, but any offer will be considered.

I also have a lightened flywheel
(machined OEM, not a billet unit) I used to run it with, which I may do a package deal on if anyone wants that with it, IIRC it's about 3.5kg, maybe a touch lighter - I'll weigh it at the weekend - £30 ono

The whole assembly with the flywheel is about half the weight of the 200mm unit fitted to the 306 1.6's, and with the Kevlar plate and stronger cover can cope with as much if not more torque than the OE 200mm unit, so can seriously perk a 1.6 unit up.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Sold.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Back up for sale, I have weighed it and the flywheel, clutch and cover assembled with bolts is ~7kg.
Thanks given by:
I've a couple asked about taking it all together - first person with £75 can have fly/clutch/cover all together.

If not they're getting split at the end of the week.
Thanks given by:
Bit more accurate weighing - Kevlar plate is ~700g, cover is 2250g, flywheel is 3400g - put together with the bolts the whole assembly comes out about 6.4kg.

Pics of flywheel surface for those asking about just the fly, it's damn near perfect, I resurfaced it on the CNC mill before fitting the Kevlar plate and kevlar is very wear resistant to both itself and the mating surface:

[Image: ClutchComplete.jpg]

[Image: FlywheelSurface.jpg]

The darker ring on the inside of the flywheel isn't a heat mark, it's just where the friction material doesn't run.
Thanks given by:
Sold.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breaking gti6 turbo SOLD SOLD SOLD fatlapit 19 6,642 30-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Blandy
  Fly wheel plate cover LewisG 2 713 12-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Last Post: mspdan
  CG Motorsport XUD 4 Paddle Uprated Clutch Sambarker 13 3,893 21-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Sambarker